Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
We are looking for a passionate, data-driven, and empathetic person to join us to lead our member advocate team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering the member experience of our future, providing simple yet impactful interactions with humans and technology -- all while personalizing the experience, maximizing engagement, and driving outcomes that truly matter to our end users. Success will be measured through member engagement, customer satisfaction, net promoter score, and our ability to meet and exceed customer support SLAs. All while enhancing the daily lives of our members, customers, and team. If you are looking for a job, this isn’t it. If this feels like a calling, keep reading.
What you will do
- Lead and grow a team of incredible Member Advocates, a group of social workers, patient advocates, health coaches, nutritionists, and nurses to support our members in solving everyday problems.
- Develop processes and implement tools for the continuous improvement of the member experience. Emphasis on customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching, QA, and training.
- Unlock the data generated through our support interactions with members, providers, and customers to deliver data-driven insights for our product, operations, and sales teams.
- Develop, execute, and train on an escalation tracking process for member issues -- and then ensure the root causes are addressed across the organization.
- Identify and own key performance indicators for member support such as CSAT, NPS, first response time, call completion, average wait time, etc.
- Generally develop a forward thinking business plan for the member experience.
- Ability to learn the detailed ins-and-outs of our operations and the healthcare industry to improve, build, and scale a concierge, white-glove support team that always comes through for the member.
- A Zendesk ninja with a deep understanding of how to take advantage of their suite of services to provide a scalable, multi-channel support experience across email, phone, chat, and text/SMS.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to look at key metrics on a daily/weekly basis to find trends, drill-down into cases as needed, and to take action accordingly.
- Ability to translate day-to-day requirements into scalable processes by developing tools, macros, scripts, training materials, etc. to automate current work flows and to create a level of consistency in service.
- Unafraid of the nitty gritty and willing to go to any length to fully resolve issues for our members. An uncanny ability to look at the status quo and work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, and Operations to instigate improvements that will move the needle on the member experience.
- Possesses outstanding communication skills in-person, over the phone, via email, chat, carrier pigeon, etc.
- Displays exceptional emotional intelligence and intrinsically-motivated, energetic & intellectually fearless.
- An inspirational leader with a genuine brand of charisma and a passion for team-building. Easily fired up and energy is infectious. 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a fast-growth company environment in the health, wellness, and/or benefits space.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description