“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Supplemental and Ancillary Benefits organization partners closely with Line of Business and Markets leadership to define, launch, and continuously improve our non-core medical, i.e. supplemental and ancillary, benefit offerings. The team has a direct impact on Bright HealthCare members via dental, vision, and other coverage/services provided.
Led by the Director Health Plan Product, the team navigates complexity across all organic and inorganic health plan markets and products. The Director supports a data-driven approach to decision-making and prioritization across the BHC portfolio to successfully deliver the right supplemental/ancillary benefits to our members in markets nationwide.
The Director Health Plan Product is trusted to work closely with Bright Health internal and external partners. They will lead a team that drives cross-functional implementation of supplemental and ancillary benefits, working closely with teams such as: Actuarial, Operations, Technology, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Network, and others. They will manage the relationship with senior leaders at key external partners to support Bright HealthCare offerings, including leading negotiations around partnership/economic terms with input from the BHC CFO and Line of Business/Market Presidents.
- Partner with Line of Business and Market Presidents and teams to assess annual supplemental benefits needs; prioritize and balance tradeoffs/considerations across a complex portfolio of BHC markets (50+) and business lines (3+)
- Trusted to represent Bright Health to VP-level and above relationships at key external partners; drive the strategy and vision for the partnership, including contractual and economic terms in consultation with BHC CFO and Line of Business/Market Presidents
- Lead a team that works highly cross-functionally (with Actuarial, Operations, Technology, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Network, and others) to successfully define, launch, and manage these partnerships; responsibilities include, but are not limited to: implementation plans, pricing inputs, operational/tech readiness and integration, service/field-based team training
- Ensure preparedness to enter new health plan markets by supporting regulatory filings and other inputs as required for supplemental and ancillary benefit partners, including but not limited to: vision, dental, national telehealth, OTC, and transportation
- Lead evaluation and integration of supplemental benefits portfolios for newly acquired health plans (ex. True Health); evaluate new opportunities to add or consolidate vendor partners, including renegotiation of contracted economics on a volume basis
- Willingness to design and connect in our existing or prospective supplemental benefits partnerships to drive success of BHC priority initiatives, for example: IFP Rewards, ICHRA, culturally competent health plan products
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities for the supplemental benefits organization
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree, such as an MBA, preferred
- Eight (8)+ years professional experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Healthcare field (Required); mix of start up and large company experience preferred
- Experience commercializing digital health and clinical products to consumers, patients, members, and/or providers preferred
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications; Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point (Required)
- Highly accountable – sees the big picture and operates with an organization-first mindset
- Collaborative and motivated to bring together and align cross-functional groups
- Attention to detail and polish; trusted to communicate with external partners as a representative of Bright Health
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Able to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to learn and operate in ambiguity
- Mission driven and motivated to work in an organization that will change the way healthcare is financed and delivered
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.