“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enterprise Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for partnering with Bright Health’s leadership and business unit executives to provide strategic direction, thought leadership, and market analysis to guide recommendations and for driving the execution of growth and differentiating opportunities for Bright Health.
The Lead, Enterprise Strategic Planning drives enterprise strategy development and manages the annual enterprise strategic planning function for Bright Health Group. They will work closely with senior leadership to formulate the company’s strategic vision, inclusive of its overarching mission and vision, corporate strategic priorities, business unit strategy alignment, and long-term financial planning and prioritization. In addition to strategy development and communication, the Lead will play a critical role in driving to strategy execution by ensuring that downstream operational, budget and people planning activities accurately reflect enterprise priorities
- Leads team to build and manage the annual enterprise strategic planning functions and processes for Bright Health Group
- Support senior leaders in business unit strategy development, with the goal of driving process consistency, organizational alignment across strategies and identification interdependencies
- Build and manage a competitive intelligence function to inform Enterprise Strategy
- Lead identification, prioritization, and progress tracking for portfolio of enterprise strategic initiatives
- Work closely with Finance, HR and other corporate functions to ensure enterprise strategic priorities are appropriately reflected in annual budget planning
- Lead key strategic and growth-related initiatives as needed, including oversight of external consulting teams and crossfunctional working groups
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for a small team of associates
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Eight (8) years of relevant business experience within the healthcare industry required
- Three (3) years of extensive strategic consulting experience including leading engagements
- Experienced healthcare leader that is mission-driven to change healthcare in America
- Self-starting, team player capable of prioritizing own work and/or problems simultaneously
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of handling multiple tasks and driving toward results
- Used to working in complex and ambiguous environment that is fast changing
- Ability to organize, lead, and motivate ad hoc teams to drive toward completion of high-quality deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills—be able to synthesize complex and diverse information and distill down to the key “so what’s”
- Maturity and executive presence to build strong working relationships with C-suite leadership, with an ability to navigate and develop relationships at all levels in the organization
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.