Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
The Operations Associate, Payor Enrollment will be responsible for contributing to the credentialing and licensing teams to help provide a great experience for our clinician partners. You will support Wheel’s internal payor enrollment process and may assist with licensing expansion, and other credentialing/licensing team tasks as needed.
- Process and assist clinicians with submittal of payor enrollment applications and tracking them to completion
- Act as a the first-line communicator with clinicians, healthcare payors, external verification sources, as well as internal teams
- Assist credentialing, licensing, support, and other parts of the operations team as needed
- Ensure adherence to all defined credentialing policies
- 1+ years credentialing experience
- 2+ years of experience processing multiple payor applications at a time
- Demonstrated experience with NCQA credentialing policies and procedures as well as delegated credentialing
- Adaptable self-starter comfortable working in a startup where things move at lightning speed
- Clear communicator with excellent attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills
- Team player that enjoys working cross-functionally
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description