Risk Models Senior Director at Ascension
At Ascension, we respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
This role is remote with 25% travel.
What You Will Do
As the Risk Models Senior Director, you'll develop and drive strategies to advance health capabilities in diverse market environments.
- Works closely with Ascension Data Science Institute (ADSI) on all downside risk proposals and risk model performance tracking to translate actuarial analysis.
- Understands and interprets financial analysis to use in negotiating value based contracts.
- Supports the value based program leader in translating the results of the new economic model into ministry market specific value based model and contracting strategy.
- Assists leadership in preparation, negotiation, evaluation, and proposal development related to any downside risk deals.
- Leads commercial based bundle contracting. Responsible for evolving the value based models for at-risk products
- Drive sustainable growth of value-based care through provider network development that support innovative payment models.
- Develop internal controls to adhere to applicable state/federal laws and program requirements.
- Plan, develop, and model current and new payer rate proposals.
- Continuously evaluate rate offers and develop counter offers in order.
- Evaluate service cost structures to maximize profitability from discount agreements.
- Develop value-based care contracting plans for service lines and ambulatory care sites to support strategic imperatives, infrastructure, budget, and system requirements.
- Provide strategic guidance around contracts and provide oversight to contract performance management, monitoring, and reporting around strategic patient outcomes and profitability.
- Review reports on supportive data, costing and medical services, demographic information, and other available research that affects the financial and service delivery viability of value-based care.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.