Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life. Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
As a Senior Operations Manager, you will play a key role as we expand to handle millions of tests around the globe. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced operations team of laboratory professionals, genomics scientists, and bioinformaticians as a leader of our growing network of domestic clinical laboratories. Join us, with your proven leadership, management, and operational expertise, as we bring comprehensive genetic knowledge to the world.
What you’ll do:
- Regional Operations Leader overseeing the domestic laboratory sites
- Responsible for the overall quality, performance and scaling of Invitae domestic clinical laboratory operations
- Mentor and coach the domestic lab leaders to allow for growth, development, and efficiency gains across the team
- Coordinate across teams and lab sites to foster exchange of ideas, provide cross-team learning opportunities, and share best practices
- Ensure that the laboratories can effectively scale people, processes and instruments to meet business needs through effective capacity planning and scheduling
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement by sourcing and nurturing ideas, then rolling them into improvement initiatives
- Actively monitor laboratory performance metrics
- Support site lab leads with investigations, RCAs and corrective actions
- Collaborate with process improvement and R&D teams on improvement opportunities
- Work cross functionally with other operations, R&D and commercial leaders on innovative solutions to successfully scale the business and serve our customers
What you bring:
- 10+ years of operations management experience
- Experience working in a high throughput environment with tight deadlines and aggressive growth goals
- Experience leading a large team remotely and successfully coaching other leaders
- Demonstrated success in leading complex, cross functional projects in an industry setting
- Deep expertise using data to inform decision making and drive performance
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and organization
- Willingness to travel as needed
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.