Signout Laboratory Director-Exome analysis and Pediatric disorders at Invitae
Office location – Remote in USA or any of our US locations
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is seeking a full-time board-certified Signout Operations Laboratory Director in Exome analysis and Pediatric disorders to join a clinical laboratory team that is motivated by the patient on the other end of every sample tested.
Invitae is reinventing genetic testing by making it more affordable and accessible than ever before. Invitae invites applications from individuals with a background in human genetics and genomics to join a growing team responsible for curating, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting clinical genetic data. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with an experienced team of board-certified laboratory directors, genetic counselors, genomics scientists, bioinformaticians, and other professionals who aim to bring comprehensive diagnostic and preventive genetic testing to the world. Invitae’s clinical genomics team is passionate about the company’s mission, encouraging creative thinkers to come up with new ways to provide important information to patients and clinicians and streamline clinical reporting.
We seek a highly motivated individual who can utilize their superior clinical and technical skills to work in the clinical genomics team at Invitae. We are looking for energetic individuals who demonstrate effort and initiative; team players who are willing to accept personal accountability for successful job performance and who have a willingness to learn new skills, as well as continually improve their existing skill set.
What you will do:
The Signout Operations Laboratory Director performs a variety of functions as a part of the Clinical Operations Team.
- Work collaboratively with an exceptional team of scientists, genetic counselors, clinical laboratory directors, boarded geneticists and bioinformaticians to analyze and report on clinical molecular data.
- Review and sign out clinical cases in Exomes and Pediatric Genetics, as well as other clinical areas as needed.
- Routinely review escalated technical and clinical inquiries
- Provide consultations on results for referring physicians and genetic counselors.
- Support internal and external company initiatives.
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new initiatives relevant to clinical testing.
- Seek and support new and innovative ways to provide best in class service to Invitae clients.
Who you are:
- Qualified as a Director for high complexity testing under CAP.
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science field with ABMGG or CCMG board certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics or Laboratory Genetics and Genomics is required.
- Experience in molecular testing for Exome analysis and Pediatric disorders is preferred but not required.
- Eligible for California Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist (CGMB) or California Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) licensure required.
- Experience with sequence and copy number variant interpretation and next-generation sequencing.
- A strong collaborative spirit and a willingness to learn.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute and leverage your expertise across a wide variety of project types.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.