This is a rare opportunity to work for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $60B market. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database on the planet, and the MongoDB community is transforming industries with incredibly innovative applications.
MongoDB is looking for a Tableau Server Administrator to join their Data Architecture team. This position requires strong technical acumen, excellent organizational skills, and a passion for building highly-performant solutions. You will be leading administration activities to scale up our Tableau platform to handle large volumes of data from our data lake. You will create and maintain the framework that enables Tableau users to publish, share, manage, and connect to data sources and workbooks, as well as monitor product performance and establish Tableau governance best practices.
- Manage all Tableau administration-related tasks for our 600+ users, including extract scheduling, security, platform optimization, data source governance, installation, configuration, and patches
- Analyze and troubleshoot Tableau Desktop and Server issues from stakeholders across the company and recommend dashboard optimizations for best performance
- Clearly document any change to our Tableau environment, architecture, and automated processes
- Automate monitoring and server job processes
- Review Tableau Desktop license usage and reclaim licenses when necessary
- Schedule backups of Tableau repository and perform restores if needed
- 3+ years experience in a Tableau Administration role
- Experience managing a large Tableau Server environment, preferably on AWS
- Knowledge of Tableau Server (2019) best practices for scalability, performance, content management and governance
- Strong query skills using SQL. Knowledge of Python and/or MQL (MongoDB Query Language) is a plus.
- Understanding of data extraction mechanisms and data warehousing concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects through completion
- Eagerness to develop and hone new skills
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws*