At Ascension, we respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
This role is remote with 25% travel.
What You Will Do
As the Value Based Contracting Director, you'll lead, direct and serve as the subject matter expert supporting value based model payer contracting, financial modeling and market based education.
- Provide oversight direction, development, and problem resolution for contracting activities related to value based contracts.
- Negotiate value based program terms within assigned ministry markets in conjunction with leaders, ensuring terms are in alignment with contracting objectives and requirements.
- Work closely with Ascension Data Science Institute (ADSI) analytical resources to ensure financial
modeling is accurate based on assumptions provided.
- Understand and interpret financial analyses used in negotiating value based contracts.
- Understand and utilize financial reimbursement methodologies that are different from normal
fee-for-service in order to align Ascension, Ascension Medical Group and partnered independent provider interests.
- Develop, assess, and make recommendations on program participation, improvements and renewals.
- Serve as a liaison between ministry market leaders and third-party payers regarding value based model updates, issue resolution, and new opportunities.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.