Vice President, Customer Success at Compeat
Compeat’s Vice President, Customer Success is responsible for the management and development of Compeat’s existing customer base, including all customer segments from SMB to Enterprise. Reporting directly to our CEO, you are an integral part of Compeat’s senior leadership team and will be responsible for ensuring our customers are realizing maximum business value across the Customer Lifecycle, which ultimately results in their renewal, growth of Lifetime Value and Customer Satisfaction. Functions include the Customer Support, Training & Implementation and Account Management (Customer Success) teams. The VP, Customer Success plays a vital role in ensuring the success and happiness of our customers, as well as the growth and expansion of Compeat for years to come!
- Lead and provide both strategic and tactical direction to the team leaders who provide day to day management of the functions of customer support, training & implementation and account management.
- Craft a strategic vision for evolving the customer experience and our overall customer service capabilities within the organization.
- Chart the end-to-end customer journey, identify listening and touch points, develop responses and ensure consistent high quality.
- Take direct and indirect responsibility for all customer success activities in the business from customer on-boarding, service delivery, support, adoption, customer training, retention, and overall customer health.
- Foster ongoing company-wide culture of customer service excellence and inspire a customer-centric mentality throughout the organization.
- Ensure alignment between all customer success functions and key internal stakeholders like Sales, Product Management, Development and Marketing as it relates to driving customer satisfaction
- Deliver stream-lined customer-facing processes around escalation management, customer account review, customer on-boarding and transition process and communicating the release management process to our customers.
- Drive the design and implementation of the required organizational structure, processes and procedures needed to scale for growth.
- Develop relationships with key customers to build loyalty, identify improvement opportunities and increase value delivered by Compeat.
- Build a strong training/service delivery model
The ideal candidate will have a strong balance of strategic thinking and successful, real world execution experience. A strong bias for action is a must. S/he will be a leader of people, as well as an advocate for customers within Compeat and reflect Compeat values in every interaction with customers and team members.
Specific experience and intrinsic characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree a plus.
- PMP or other certifications a plus.
- SaaS industry experience in a high growth, lower middle market company – playing a leadership role managing a medium to large/complex team.
- A deep understanding of value drivers in a recurring revenue business (SaaS/managed service) as well as post sales implementation models and processes.
- A strong knowledge of leading-edge customer support/service delivery concepts and practices and a track record of deploying them.
- Metric-driven with proven experience leading customer-facing organizations with an emphasis on measurement, metrics, KPIs and analytics.
- Fiercely customer-centric: You put your customers first AND make them happy; ensuring your teams are always working on ways to WOW them.
- You make fast, bold moves to ensure delivery to customers.
- You have built teams that can scale as a business grows.
- You put repeatable processes in place to drive efficiency.
- You have a “fire in the belly” energy – a motivated self-starter and an executor with experience working in an organization whether s/he has had to build a team to scale.
- Strategic planning and thought leadership balanced with the ability to execute day to day and willingness to “get hands dirty” in support of our customers.
- Proven ability to recruit "A" players, managing and retaining high performance teams; both technical and non-technical.
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 19 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.