VP - Organizational Development at Ascension
The VP Organizational Development serves as a member of the HR Organizational Capabilities Leadership Team. The VP partners with leaders to deliver the Ascension Strategic Plan priorities and expected outcomes; successfully implements national and local operations initiatives and uses business analytics to identify and remove barriers to success. The VP provides the strategic direction for the Leader Institute as well as the programs within, specifically the Leadership Academy. The VP oversees, develops, recommends, and leads key strategic development initiatives such as leadership development and succession, change management. Partners strategically with Organizational Effectiveness, Talent and Culture to understand, define and develop content to ensure the readiness of Ascension's workforce. Defines and partners with Workforce Planning to collect key performance metrics to enable accurate and valid measurement of workforce performance to identify areas of capability improvement.
What You Will Do
- Develops meaningful and innovative programs consistent with our culture, and includes trainings, educational opportunities, leadership planning process and succession planning that invests in our employees' career progression, personal well-being
- Implements a robust process to provide leadership candidates to support the future of Ascension
- Promotes awareness of and effective offerings through the Leader Institute
- Ensures a business aligned curriculum for Leadership Academy
- Partners with Organizational Effectiveness, Talent and Culture to design content that aligns and supports the business and overall success of the Ascension Strategic Plan
- Uses feedback to develop content to educate and ensure necessary skill and competency development of the Ascension workforce
- Develops and leads fellowship and rotational programs to accelerate emerging leader readiness to serve in growth or elevated positions
- Leads internal and external coaching arrangements in support of leader development
- Ensures there are processes and structures in place to deliver results on time, within budget and aligned to Ascension's Strategic Plan
- Fosters a culture of appreciation, belongingness, inclusivity, diversity and equity to drive the associate experience
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience required.
- 15 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Strong business acumen with ability to drive change in a large, complex organization with matrix reporting relationships. Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple demands and projects.
Key Attributes: Critical thinker, highly developed communication skills, experience working in complex/matrixed organization, demonstrated ability to collaborate and create consensus, innovative mindset, direct, transparent, resilient, inclusive, compassionate, high emotional intelligence, demonstrated experience with change management and conflict management. #[email protected]
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.