Senior Project Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Play a key role on the front-lines facing complexity and ambiguity with Customers, Sales, and our Delivery ecosystem representing the high-growth software company that is energetically challenging the status quo of the database industry.
Work in a team of technologists, sales and delivery professionals among the best in their fields. Work with some of the most ambitious and complex global companies, helping to define and progress their innovation initiatives across every vertical.
MongoDB consulting exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernising legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Help us take our business to the next level of scale and excellence in delivery and governance. You will have abundant opportunity to meaningfully impact the growth of the MongoDB business.
- University degree or relevant work experience
- At ease operating in a small, dynamic, fast growing team, able to be self-sufficient with an ability to have a can-do attitude and make oneself accountable
- 5+ years experience with enterprise-scale software solutions, large scale software engineering or consulting services delivery experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills within complex, transformative projects, with direct responsibility for successfully managing project teams, delivering high quality results on schedule and within budget
- Comfortable creating plans and priorities for both project delivery and customer resources
- Demonstrated belief in the power of stakeholder management and communications; track record of affecting change through stakeholder engagement
- Outstanding and effective interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Ability to foresee and assess risk, plan to mitigate risk and manage escalations or critical situations
- Certification or deep experience with standard frameworks such as the PMI PMBOK, or Prince2 would be beneficial
- Strong working knowledge of the Agile framework and related practices
- Services delivery experience with development or operation teams is a plus
- Fluent English and French required
- Accountable for project planning and execution, customer experience, and ensuring MongoDB delivery meets committed scope and budget
- Expected to employ project management excellence to navigate with agility the complex organisations of large enterprises, building mindshare to plan and execute programmes likely to have ambiguous risks and challenges
- Maintain excellence of project governance with internal and customer stakeholders, managing day-to-day project planning and execution, project scope, expectations and risks, and ensuring timelines are met and quality deliverables produced
- Lend support to pre-sale engagements to assist with scoping of solution and project scope definition
- Adopt and contribute to the continuous improvement of MongoDB's engagement and project delivery methodologies
- Confidently lead - both internal and customer - project meetings, owning meeting agenda and meeting outcomes
- Own the management of scope, change controls, customer expectations and timelines
- Ensure robust communication internal to MongoDB, within the project team, and from the team to the customer
- Expect to travel to customer sites as may be needed, at least 50% of the time
Measures of Success
- Collaborate directly with customers and other internal teams to lead and deliver high-quality, reference-able engagements
- Of paramount import is predictability: predictability of forecasts for resource needs and revenue; predictability of internal & customer stakeholder management; predictability of outcomes; predictability of risk management; predictability of customer expectations and experience
- Demonstrate business acumen through robust control of the internal and external budget, project margin, resource utilisation and billability across your entire project portfolio
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer