Sales Engineer, Higher Education
Duo Security is a high growth cybersecurity startup focused on solving security challenges for mobile, cloud and traditional IT systems. Backed by leading world-class venture capital firms such as Google Ventures and Benchmark, Duo has 5000+ customers. Duo has offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Bay Area, Austin and London! Duo has an amazing team of individuals with diverse backgrounds. At Duo, we believe in creating value for our customers, enabling people to do meaningful work and maintain an amazing work culture.
We are seeking an Education Sales Engineer who will be responsible for positioning and selling Duo Security’s two-factor authentication and secure access solutions. We need an experienced solutions engineer with a consultative approach, extensive experience with enterprise education architecture and the ability to deliver successful proof of concepts. Successful candidates must be good communicators who can adapt their style to accommodate a variety of business use cases. Candidates should have 3+ years of experience in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Sales Engineering or Solutions Engineering background.
- Provide technical consulting for higher education prospects
- Be a resident subject matter expert on Duo Security and products we integrate with including Microsoft Active Directory, VPNs, Windows Server, Cloud Applications and more.
- Deliver onsite workshops for enterprise prospects resulting in successful proof-of-concepts, deployment planning and consulting.
- Establish and maintain technical credibility with prospects and existing clients
- Build strong relationships with customers to help advance deals
- Actively communicate with engineering and product marketing with respect to evolving customer requirements in the marketplace
- Improve the customer's experience through webinars, workshops and written documentation.
- Ownership of technical RFIs and RFPs
- Able to configure and install enterprise technologies including firewalls, network infrastructure, virtualization, web applications, unix and windows.
- Able to troubleshoot network issues
- Knowledge of commonly used security technologies and protocols including Firewalls, SSL, two-factor authentication and Single Sign-On technologies such as Shibboleth and CAS.
- Understanding of security aspects such as identity and access management, identity management, and encryption protocols
- Experience running complex workshops and proof-of-concepts
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to collaborate across geographically dispersed functions
- Care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- Are comfortable with the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Work with customers remotely and in person.
Excited? We can't wait to hear from you!