We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 850,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Account Executive role
As an Account Executive at A Cloud Guru, you'll be responsible for closing new business deals and for accelerating the net-new customer sales cycle. This is a high impact role in our team that is perfectly suited for an experienced AE who is relentlessly optimistic, genuinely curious, and who deeply believes in delivering awesome customer experiences. We move at lightning speed and have loads of growth opportunities for people who thrive working in a fast-paced startup environment!
In this role you’ll get to:
- Prospect, develop, and close new customers for A Cloud Guru’s Teams cloud training platform
- Close recurring revenue deals ranging from $5K - $100K
- Identify, establish, and nurture decision maker relationships
- Create accurate forecasts and tracking all activities in Salesforce.com
- Deliver value drive solution, demo’s, and presentations
- Scale and document sales team practices
- Attend trade shows as required
We are looking for someone who can:
- Learn new technologies quickly and deliver A Cloud Guru’s value proposition
- Collaborate with other sales teammates to create a winning culture
- Accurately forecast and track activities in Salesforce
- Deliver value driven solutions demos and presentations
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- Proven commercial experience in a quota carrying SaaS sales role with a few years of technology sales experience under your belt
- Proven ability to develop relationships and win new business quickly
- Top performer in previous roles with a track record of crushing goals
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science or business-related field, or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.