Account Manager - Final Mile
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
Shipwell provides our clients with world-class customer service and execution with all of their shipping needs. As a Final Mile Account Manager, you will be a member of our Specialized Services department. You will delight our customers with elite service by utilizing our proprietary systems to take a detail-oriented approach to ensure that every step of the freight management process flows smoothly.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Make sales calls to current and potential clients to promote Shipwell’s transportation offering
- Follow up on sales leads and keep CRM portfolio organized
- Negotiate pricing for transactional sales
- Assist in collections or work with our finance team, as needed, on past due invoices
- Keep informed on trends, services, and competitor activities in the space
- Meet and exceed daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
- Maintain daily client relationships to assigned accounts, acting as primary contact
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years previous Logistics Account Management experience
- 2+ years Industry experience account managing SaaS and/or TMS accounts
- Strong analytical, sales and negotiating skills
- Experience working in spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and other related programs
- Dynamic, on the fly, problem solving skills
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational ability
What is Preferred:
- CRM platform experience, preferably Salesforce
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.