At Modernize Home Services (a QuinStreet vertical) our mission is to simplify home improvement by inspiring motivated homeowners and connecting them with qualified contractors. Our foundation is based on 10 years as a driving force as Home Improvement Leads in online lead generation – connecting homeowners with high–quality contractors – in the $300 billion annually grossing home improvement market. We’re working hard on a new brand and new products to cater to homeowners and the most successful contractors in the industry.
We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team. Teammates who enjoy using technology to solve problems will thrive in our dynamic startup environment. We have an open floor plan that encourages the entire team to participate in critical discussions and allows everyone to be a vital contributing factor. You’ll enjoy our hip, newly renovated office in the heart of downtown with a view of the capital and the downtown skyline.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: As a company, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and will continue to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Why work for us:
Modernize is a fast-growing tech company located in the heart of downtown Austin. We’re looking for sharp, motivated individuals to join our growing team! What makes Modernize stand out is our amazing culture and career development opportunities for our employees. Just a few of our amazing perks include a great benefits package, fully stocked kitchens, weekly catered lunches, a pet friendly office, transportation assistance, flexible PTO, regular company outings, and more!
When we say career development, we mean it! Check out some of the positions that our BDRs have been promoted into!
- Full Cycle Sales
- Account Management
- Affiliate Marketing
- Enterprise Sales Development
What we’re looking for:
Modernize is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our fun and competitive team and help qualify and generate leads through outbound calling and emails.
What you will be doing:
- Generate leads through target account selling, outbound prospecting, and calling on leads from multiple sources
- Research accounts, identify key players, and develop interest to stimulate opportunity
- Enthusiastically make between 75 -100 calls per day
- Schedule demos for sales team
- Track all activity in SalesForce
- Stay up-to-date on product, industry changes, and competitive landscape
- Follow up on a high volume of new leads in a timely manner
What you will need:
- Some experience in high volume outbound cold calling and/or in person sales experience preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Hunter mentality and enjoys developing relationships with strangers
- Strong email and web search skills
- Desire to establish a career in sales
- College degree/Military Service preferred
Who you are:
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
You thrive on WINNING!