Business Development Specialist at Effective Spend
Our company is growing fast, and we’re looking for a Business Development Specialist to support our growth in new clientele.
This role is a unique opportunity to grow your competency in digital marketing while applying your proven skills in sales, marketing analytics, and client relationship development. You’ll impact the entire new business process, including lead development, strategy pitching, and new client onboarding.
While the ideal applicant has already gained some experience in Google Ads, Facebook Ads or other digital marketing channels, we will provide advanced training so you can learn industry best practices and master the technology and analytical skills that have helped us deliver superior digital marketing services to our clients. You will grow your expertise and work in multiple different digital channels, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
About Effective Spend
Founded in Austin in 2008, Effective Spend is a digital marketing agency specializing in PPC advertising, social media marketing and SEO. We’re laser-focused on delivering measurable performance that drives higher ROI for our clients.
Join a company that has been named to this year's Inc 5000 and Austin FAST50 lists of the fastest-growing private companies. We’ve also been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal and Built In Austin. You’ll learn from the best as you work alongside our sales & operations director and our team of expert digital marketers.
Due to our high-touch approach to the sales process, which entails deep analysis of both a prospect’s digital marketing campaigns, as well as their higher level business goals, you will work very closely with the Head of Revenue across all responsibilities.
- Screening and assessing the opportunity of inbound leads
- Interfacing with prospective clients (via phone and email, sometimes in person)
- Nurturing leads into qualified prospects
- Performing in-depth analyses of potential clients’ marketing campaigns to identify gaps in performance and best practices
- Analyzing historical data and growth targets to build alignment at a high level
- Developing the pitch deck, starting with a custom storyline and then filling in both existing templates and custom-tailored, account-specific slides. Ideally, working to improve the asset database over time to improve the pitch decks.
- Presenting sales proposals to clients
- Managing the onboarding experience to ensure that new clients are set up for long-term success. This includes working hands-on with the internal teams to establish goals and reporting, document all pertinent information and successfully transition client communication and relationship to the account team.
- Represent the agency at local networking events to generate new business leads
- Develop a process for outbound sales. An interest in social selling, targeting specific companies that would be good partners for Effective Spend
What We’d Like To See
- Experience in a digital agency environment, ideally in business development, client services, or strategy.
- A solid understanding of client business goals and strategic imperatives and the ability to help the pitch team develop strategic deliverables including written and creative assignments that represent the client’s needs.
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials.
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from the initial conversation through the close.
- Passion for digital and the desire to keep up with the latest digital trends.
- 1+ years of Sales Development experience.
- Great communication skills both internally and externally.
- Digital media selling experience preferred
- Analytical. Experience with Excel and mathematically minded.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, google slides or other presentation software
- Very organized - able to manage a number of different priorities simultaneously from prospects to clients in onboarding
- Independent and self-sufficient. You are resourceful and have great attention to detail.
- Extremely flexible – able to tackle anything that comes your way.
- Process unqualified inquiries to pre-qualified opportunities
- Provide exceptional customer service to inbound inquiries
Effective Spend is proud to have been recognized on BuiltIn.com and the Austin Business Journal’s lists of the Best Places to Work in Austin.
Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole, and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee