AffiniPay is creating payment solutions that professionals love! With our proprietary payment technology, we've built industry-specific online payment solutions for the legal, accounting, medical, and association industries that allow professionals to effortlessly accept client payments quickly and securely. For more about AffiniPay, visit www.affinipay.com.
The Business Development Specialist will work closely with the Demand Generation and Sales teams to lead the building and implementation of a sales acceleration program. The functions of this program will be to set meetings, achieve and surpass new account opportunity targets, and build the overall sales pipeline.
AffiniPay is a true market leader and offers great room to cultivate your own career path. This role is a great opportunity to grow and develop a new function AffiniPay. Success in this role will require a motivated self-starter who’s passionate about helping businesses discover new, beneficial solutions that provide a great ROI.
The ideal candidate will be able to create and execute their own strategic vision, constantly measure against targets, work closely with marketing on campaign development, always test toward answers, maintain related systems, and bring a consistent level of attention to detail. They must be a self-starter with the ability to shepherd a project from start to finish.
This is a contract-to-hire position.
- Leads the building and execution of the Business Development program with guided assistance from the Sales and Demand Generation teams
- Interfaces with AffiniPay Demand Gen and Sales teams and prospects on a daily basis via telephone and email to identify and generate new account opportunities.
- Prospects Enterprise and SMB accounts across three different brands, identifying decision makers and setting up appointments for all sales representatives.
- Qualifies inbound leads from demand generation programs before sending to the sales team. This includes performing a discovery, a short product review, and potential solution fit.
- Quickly develops knowledge of AffiniPay’s target verticals and demographics
- Helps improve database quality by discovering and adding additional prospect information into AffiniPay database.
- Manages regular metrics reviews with marketing and sales leadership
- Keeps detailed and accurate notes of all business development activities in AffiniPay database. Schedules follow up activities as needed.
- Builds pipeline for entire sales team
- Plans and prioritizes personal activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving sales targets.
- Creates and executes inbound and outbound nurture campaigns to make use of greater marketing initiatives.
- Creates and executes prospecting plans for different target personas, brands, industry verticals, and company sizes.
- Builds a monthly plan on achieving target number of opportunities for each brand and vertical.
- Builds presentations reviewing previous quarterly performance and key learnings to be applied the following quarter
- Builds a roadmap for continued improvement and development of the Sales Development function
- Be able to take ideas, test them against data, turn them into action with the proper key metrics and track the success of projects and system improvements
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- 1.5+ years combined experience in a sales development and account executive role
- Experience with SFDC, Marketo and/or Hubspot
- Experience of selling software or computer related products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, or related field desirable or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to work well with a team and support others as well as working independently when required.
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously tackling exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in fintech has fostered our fast-moving, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team-members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!