Channel Enablement Partner at ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
The Channel Enablement Partner at ThousandEyes is a high performing individual contributor who will have global responsibility for enabling the world-wide adoption & sales of the ThousandEyes platform within our partner community.
This candidate will be responsible for the global design, development and delivery of enablement programs for partners across sales, solutions engineering and professional services roles. The enablement partner will lead and implement on-going support and execution of key revenue enablement initiatives including continuous process improvement, tools & systems capabilities, and team member skills building & training programs. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be well-versed in instructor-led, self-paced learning, train-the-trainer and certification programs.
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Enjoy creative and critical thinking and problem-solving
- Are comfortable with a global, dynamic, fast paced environment
- Have expertise in partner sales, partner enablement/onboarding, and/or sales training
- Want to make an immediate impact within a growing company and have the opportunity to grow with it
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the overall GTM of the ThousandEyes channel organization, maximizing overall contribution to the business
- Know the productivity expectations of each channel relationship/type and collaborate and drive programs that support those plans
- Drive adoption and utilization of tools and programs as well as consistent and rigorous measurement of key metrics to team performance
- Establish in-region strategies for ecosystem development and product enablement in conjunction with the regional and executive channel sales team(s)
- Understand customer needs, degree of interest, and/or satisfaction with company products & enablement strategies
- Work with alliance and channel partners to define, document, and prioritize sales and technical training
- Solicit feedback from partners, enhance their user experience, create a partner community to drive top-of-mind engagement and loyalty
- Collaborate with the channel team to liaise between partners and ThousandEyes product organization to actively coordinate and manage training for product enhancements.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to create, update, and deliver training programs and materials that are effective and designed to improve the overall productivity of the channel partners
- Own the digital experience for our partners, inclusive of the ThousandEyes Partner Portal, content curation, mobile and other social tool interaction used for enabling the business, awareness and knowledge transfer
- Conduct onsite classroom style workshops for partners (certifications) on ThousandEyes best practices for sales and presales
- Manage partner enablement needs though collaboratively creating and delivering content, tracking and expanding certifications, integrating enablement material with channel partners, and supporting enablement for partners extended ecosystem.
- Work in conjunction with global functions to continuously improve methods, systems, processes, tools, and training programs to address capability gaps
- A bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex and/or technical concepts to a broad range of audiences
- Strong track record of working collaboratively with matrix structure, have experience in managing/leading/mentoring teams to achieve specific sales and technical outcomes
- 7+ years of partner sales, software sales, or training and development
- Experience with course development in a SaaS environment and/or corporate software training and a passion for building program content and converting to online learning and training simulations
- Experience with solution or outcome selling, ideally aligning to a Value Framework
- Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed; able to drive deliverables and results which involve people who do not report to you. Ability to work independently, on a team, and as a leader
- Able to apply effective process management and project management skills
- Strong skill-set in drawing data-supported conclusions and building action plans to remedy negative impacts
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and proven results