Client Development Account Executive (eCommerce)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Client Development Account Executive. As a Client Development Account Executive, you will identify and execute on merchant-focused sales and marketing campaigns to ensure our merchants have the product solutions and services they need to be successful.
In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales and client engagement experience as well as your broad knowledge of the e-commerce ecosystem to consult merchants on how to grow their online business. This role will work closely with various internal BigCommerce teams as well as strategic partner teams to help our merchants understand and adapt products, services and best practices for increasing their online sales.
What You Will Do
- Advise and consult with merchants on best practices, products, and services to help them improve time to first sale, search optimization, conversion, site speed, fraud management, business operations, and other key impact areas.
- Be up to date with current e-commerce trends, tips, and solutions in order to be a trusted advisor to our client base, including becoming certified/accredited in applicable areas (example, site speed)
- Use consultative selling techniques to provide value to our merchants while recommending the appropriate solutions to take their business to the next level.
- Drive revenue for identified products, services and solutions and improve retention rates through outbound cross-sell sales activities to merchants and strategic partners.
- Actively manage the sales process (positioning, presenting, demoing, and closing).
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Partner Ecosystem and BigCommerce Partner Management, Marketing, and Enablement, and Sales Engineering teams to identify and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption of product solutions (payments, apps, shipping, etc.) that help our merchants grow their online business.
- Draw upon your experience to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, effectively coordinating resources for implementation, educating partners and merchants, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales-related activities to achieve goals and project KPIs.
- Communicate with the management team, team members and partners on how to increase client satisfaction and cross-sell adoption
- Collaborate closely with internal and external referring teams for cross-sell opportunities, including leading communication with all parties during the sales process.
Who You Are
- 2+ years proven sales or account management experience, including at least 2 years in a high-volume, fast-paced inside sales environment, preferably at a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription-based company
- In possession of a firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and business models to help position solutions to savvy eCommerce store owners
- Experienced prospecting into mid-market and enterprise accounts
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), persuasion, negotiation, presentation, and client relationship skills are critical
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease
- Solution-oriented with the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track
- Positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) a big plus
- Degree in Business or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.