Compliance Specialist, Customer Compliance at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Security Compliance is a critical business function at Cloudflare. Compliance certifications allow our customers to be confident in the security of our products and guide Cloudflare’s teams on how to incorporate security principles in the management of systems, the development of products, and the expansion of our business footprint. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling and world class security organization within a billion dollar business.
You will join the Customer Compliance Team, which is focused on building trust with customers through sharing information about Cloudflare’s security program and policies. As the first hire on this team in Singapore, London, or Austin, you will become the subject-matter expert on customer compliance questions within the region. You will also be responsible for training the Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Support representatives within your home office on basic security concepts at Cloudflare and how and when to work with the Security Team more generally.
We guarantee that you will be challenged and have room for growth on our team!
What you'll do
- Become the subject matter expert on customer security and compliance topics within Austin/Singapore/London office
- Develop and maintain answers to common customer questions about Cloudflare security, compliance certifications, and evolving privacy/security regulations
- Respond to customer requests including contributing to RFPs, completing security questionnaires, and meeting with customers to answer their security questions
- Streamline or automate current processes to deliver responses to customer questions more efficiently
- Ensure continuity of security questionnaire answers by validating with teams across Cloudflare engineering and security
- Contribute to public-facing documentation in the form of white papers, customer-facing policies, and other resources that can be shared with customers on SOC 2, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, and other security/compliance topics
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders across many teams including Sales, Legal, Product, and Engineering
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Comfort in working irregular hours to support global teams
- Proficiency in German and/or French desired for candidates interested in London-based role; proficiency in Chinese or Japanse desired for candidates interested in Singapore-based role
- Demonstrated interest in Security is a must; Security Compliance background is preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Jira, and RFP/deal management tools is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.