Deal Strategy Analyst at SailPoint
- In this role, you will provide essential support to the sales team at a rapidly growing Austin software company. The ideal candidate will approach their work with meticulous detail, owning the roles of tactician and strategist. You will receive quote requests from the sales team, review, approve and provide accurate quotes while communicating with various departments within the organization. Our work environment is casual and fun, but we also work hard. The ideal candidate will be positive, proactive, assertive, and innovative, with well-developed written and communication skills.
To support the sales team by structuring pricing and providing quotations for the customers/partners.
- Work with multiple teams including sales reps, sales engineers, product/pricing specialists and contracts team to build a pricing structure for a deal
- Use CPQ and available tools to issue quotation documents to the customer for signature
- Gain a good understanding of the product suite and its components
- Map out non-standard complex deals using Excel if required and identity appropriate perpetual or subscription pricing model
- Ensure discount/maintenance levels and payment terms are compliant and in-line with company guidelines
- Monitor and chase pricing exception approvals, escalate when appropriate and build a strong relationship with approvers
- Check for forecast accuracy by ensuring the correct quote is reflecting on the opportunity
- Verify account legal entity names and billing addresses etc are accurate on all paperwork
- Mathematically inclined
- Experience with CRM databases, preferably Salesforce.com and quoting tools, ideally CPQ/Steelbrick
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of perpetual and subscription models desirable
- Ability to manage expectations of a sales team with tight deadlines and constantly changing priorities
- Aptitude to manage discounting and margins for partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Adobe DC
- 2-5 years of Sales Operations, Price Quote or other relevant experience
- Previous sales or business operations experience preferred
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a Business or Sales related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.