Director of Enterprise Sales and Client Relationship Management
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 750,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, quirky, tight-knit team who’s passionate about our purpose, who works hard, learns together, and laughs together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose, who can add their own unique quirkiness to our own. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and inclusivity are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring out A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us. We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers so our employees can access a whole host of perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education stipend
The Director of Enterprise Sales and Client Relationship Management role
The Director of Enterprise Sales and Client Relationship Management is a highly strategic role responsible for net new, channel, retention and growth sales. This role will lead a team of frontline Managers, Account Executives and Client Relationship Managers across the portfolio to ensure all A Cloud Guru customers achieve success in their partnership with ACG, while having a best-in-class experience.
This role has span of control across two key teams that function as the main points of contact for A Cloud Guru customers and partners throughout their sales, renewal and growth phases.
In this role you’ll get to:
Lead Enterprise Sales
- Coach sales team members in identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing key and strategic client relationships, and driving sales strategies toward growing existing accounts as well as generating net new business
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly sales revenue streams accurately
- Use of sales analytics and funnel management techniques to drive productivity for assigned sales staff, as well as, ensure appropriate sales activity with visibility of the pipeline to senior management for forecasting and business planning
Lead Client Relationship Manager
- Build strong external client / customer and internal stakeholder relationship
- Engage creatively with clients post-sale, add value throughout the customer lifecycle, and ensure a optimal client experience, leading to retention and growth.
- Forecast annual, quarterly, and monthly retention and growth
- Recruit, hire, develop and inspire a world class team
- Define and build-out the org structure; set goals and KPIs and track progress to drive achievement
- Manage team pipeline to forecast growth, retention, and churn
- Build, implement, execute, and improve the Account Executive and Relationship Manager playbooks, including but not limited to QBRs and customer touchpoint cadence
- Collect and deliver channel customer feedback to appropriate channels; collaborate with product and marketing teams
If you have the following experience we'd love to hear from you!
- 8+ years of sales, business development and/or account management, minimum 5+ years managing a team.
- Experience managing managers
- Experience working in a hyper-growth startup environment preferred, SaaS experience preferred
- Ability to travel to clients in the US and EU
- High-performing people manager with track record of building and leading high performing teams
- Experienced in hiring/talent, building team culture, and managing a team to perform against sales, retention and up-sell targets.
- Strong collaborator; proven ability to work well cross-functionally
- Analytical mindset with ability to help create value-focused stories through customer data
- Skilled relationship builder and manager
- Strong sales executor with bias to action
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk.
Our team is spread across the globe, primarily in the US, Australia and the UK. This role will be based in our shiny new offices in Austin, Texas. While we do have remote workers, this role requires you to be in our Austin, TX office.
A Cloud Guru is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all to join the team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. At A Cloud Guru, we champion diversity and know that an inclusive environment is critical to our success.