Director, GTM Legal - Direct Sales at Atlassian
We're looking for an experienced attorney and team leader to join our Go-To-Market Legal team as Director of Go-To-Market Legal - Direct Sales! This is an exciting opportunity to join Atlassian's world-class legal team and lead a collaborative, high-performing group of legal professionals supporting our enterprise sales efforts.
This role is based in the Eastern Time Zone (US) - in our New York or Boston office locations, or Remote.
A bit more about the role:
- Manage and build out the growing legal team supporting Atlassian's direct sales efforts, empowering those you manage to do their best work.
- Scale and enhance our legal strategy for direct sales contracting and related education, enablement and support.
- Provide guidance on emerging legal issues impacting direct sales contracting.
- Collaborate with our business partners (direct sales, finance, security, risk and compliance, product and others) on strategic go-to-market initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends that impact our enterprise contracting strategy.
- You lead with trust and are passionate about supporting the growth of those who report to you.
- You have established collaborative, trust-driven relationships with business partners you support.
- You offer pragmatic, business-minded guidance and expertise.
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs in a positive and creative way.
- You have a strong understanding of software and cloud services, associated business models, technology industry trends and privacy developments.
- You can effectively navigate a dynamic, global organization.
- You enjoy managing a team and getting deals done.
- Law degree and admission to at least one state bar (preferably CA or NY).
- 10+ years of experience handling technology transactions, with 5+ years supporting sales in-house at a technology company.
- Substantial experience managing a team of legal professionals and scaling legal processes to support global sales efforts.
- Comfort handling data protection, security and regulatory topics in negotiations.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to drive impact and navigate competing priorities while remaining collaborative and inclusive.
- Passion to understand Atlassian's products, customers, culture and business model.
More about you:
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
More About Our Team
Atlassian's Legal Team is a valued and dynamic group. We are viewed as key partners in critical decision-making that impacts the entire company due to our practical and business-oriented advice and solutions. This team is highly collaborative and supportive - we enjoy working with each other and cheer on our teammates in all endeavors.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .