Director of Sales, E-Commerce
We are looking for a leader to be responsible for launching and growing an exciting new sales division at Drillinginfo, focusing on e-commerce/transactional sales. Located in our headquarters in Austin, TX you will act as a key member of the Sales Leadership team, reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer. You will work closely with Senior Leadership to outline and shape the vision for how we attract new e-commerce customers and grow existing e-commerce customers within the Energy industry, and aggressively grow the business.
DrillingInfo is in hyper growth mode, and we need someone who can successfully drive strategy & make recommendations that align with the company’s objectives. In this role, you will apply your previous experience to evaluate existing internal processes, examine external markets and potential sales funnels, and correctly position the way DrillingInfo attracts new customers from an entirely new market within Oil & Gas.
If you have the subject-matter expertise, a passion for process, and the desire to take ownership of a strategic business function, then we cannot wait to meet you!
The Director of Sales, E-Commerce will be responsible for overall e-commerce strategy, execution, and operations, and branding functions for DI. The qualified candidate will have over five years of experience in e-commerce and over five years of experience leading a Sales function. This position has responsibility for the day-to-day leadership and long-term vision of the team, building and improving on operational sales/revenue processes, and the development of the strategies to grow and scale additional verticals from an e-commerce perspective.
- Develops and oversees the global DrillingInfo e-commerce strategy, from inception to scaled final product.
- Responsible for scaling new vertical markets for Drillinginfo (minerals, news, Oil Field services, etc) in addition to maximizing current initiatives
- Partners with the marketing team to develop and enhance lead generation initiatives, establishing the organization as a premium provider of consumer-specific oil & gas products.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to leverage social media networking and other technologies and tools to increase digital awareness of products and services.
- Develops, implements and/or enhances day-to-day e-commerce revenue operations and programs
- Provides leadership, guidance and career development to the E-Commerce Sales team with the focus of being consultative and strategic to the business, while maintaining focus on exceeding revenue goals
- Leads the E-Commerce technology platform strategy and ensures full optimization, utilization, enhancements and continuous improvement of the online store (store.drillinginfo.com) and other technology tools
- Serve as the key relationship manager of external third-party vendors to ensure current and future investments are optimized
- Provide leadership to direct reports and ensure a highly capable team through the attraction, training, and development of the necessary skilled professionals to meet business needs
- Partners with vendors in Baguio, Philippines and other locations to maintain a highly functioning Agent team for lead generation efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of Sales experience
- 5 years of Sales management/leadership experience
- Experience building and scaling e-commerce site(s)
- Experience with payment processing, order fulfillment, web design software
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Able to proactively question & challenge existing processes and identify solutions in a timely manner
- A “big picture” thinker with a pragmatic & flexible approach to delivery