Director, Sales Process Transformation & Tool Strategy at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion-dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. As one of Forbes Most Promising Companies, our business has doubled in the past year both with regards to revenue and headcount, serving more than 16 percent of the Fortune 1000 companies and 20 percent of the Fortune 500 companies.
Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc. to stay ahead of adversaries. We stand so strongly behind our breach protection capabilities that we established an EPP Complete warranty of up to $1 million if a breach occurs within a customer’s protected environment.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- June 2018: Forrester Research, one of the leading industry analyst firms, named CrowdStrike a “leader” in The Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suite.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionary quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
The Director, Sales Strategy & Technology will be responsible for establishing a new team within Global Sales Programs focused on driving sales efficiency by optimizing people (enablement), process and technology. This is a highly influential position at CrowdStrike with the ability to have significant impact on sales activity, enabling both scale and operational excellence in the sales process.
The ideal candidate will possess the drive to learn existing processes while collaboratively developing holistic, global standards; the ability to embed value-driven processes, and the appetite to evaluate and maintain the current sales technology stack and while generating the short and long term sales technology strategy. This role will manage a team of business/process analysts, but will also need to successfully partner and influence other teams outside of that reporting structure.
This role is based in Sunnyvale or Irvine, CA and will report to the Sr. Director of Global Sales Programs.
What you'll do
- Ownership for the global sales process and sales technology stack; ensuring innovations drive measurable business value while driving adoption and accountability.
- Evaluate current processes, assess pain points and root causes, design and deliver future state solutions while working cross-functionally and globally to drive stakeholder alignment.
- Lead a team of business / process analysts to document existing business processes and sales tool architecture, and recommend enhancements to maximize value-driven activities for the sales team.
- Embed sales process definition into corresponding systems (SFDC and tools).
- Develop short and long term sales technology strategy, including selection of vendors and implementation oversight, to drive transformative change and/or reduce friction in existing processes. Establish cadence to review tool utilization and capabilities.
- Build enablement plan to strive for operational excellence and reduce sales ramp while isolating and addressing capability / knowledge gaps.
What You’ll Need
- Degree: Bachelor's or Masters’ degree or equivalent experience
- Competency: To Be completed
- Experience: 10+ years sales and/or sales operations experience with increasing responsibilities and a focus on organization transformation
- Saas and technology sales experience highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Excel, and process documentation techniques (Vizio, Lucid Chart, etc.); ability to leverage process to guide decision making and
- Proven experience leading large, complex programs, and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of business partners and technical teams.
- Experience implementing business process changes through enabling technical solutions and data driven insights.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to think and act holistically; Quickly assess and evaluate sales process table stakes and work with key stakeholders to gain consensus from which to define core process gates and milestones. Ability to think globally and implement locally.
- Data Driven: Excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills with a strong focus on execution. Ability to build and/or analyze reporting to identify gaps in sales process provide fact-based recommendations to stakeholders.
- Change Agent: Act team player, with the courage to drive change and challenge the status quo while maintaining respect of the team.
- Problem Solver: Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity and is able to positively leverage resources (matrixed) to get things done.
- Team Player: Strong cross-functional collaboration with a ‘company first’ attitude; act as liaison between business units on cross functional projects; motivated to make a positive impact and work hard in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective Communicator: Ability to simplify complex concepts into simple actions; liaise effectively with business and cross functional teams and demonstrate engaged leadership across projects.
- Self Starter | Personal Drive: Ability to be highly productive with little oversight on day to day basis; take meaningful accountability for shaping and executing sales process strategy; Pivot quickly between appreciating process-related minutiae to engaging in robust “big picture” conversations with senior sales leaders.
- Travel: Willing and able to travel (approximately 30%+) to facilitate various training programs, largely in the region
- Advanced knowledge and experience in project management and / or program management.
- Familiarity and/or experience using MEDDIC sales methodology a plus.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.