Expansion Account Specialist
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.What you’ll do
The Expansion Account Specialist role focuses on growing customer wallet share for Cloudflare’s high value customer base, and collaborates with Field Account Executives to support the enterprise sales motion in key metro areas within the Americas region. This individual will run ABM analytics and outbound campaign efforts to identify, source, and qualify expansion opportunities within a specific book of key accounts. This specialist role will leverage analysis to identify new use cases and drive greater user adoption of Cloudflare core and emerging products. The ideal candidate will possess both an account management and technical background, and drive engagement with influencers and decision-makers within network & security operations, development and technical infrastructure teams. The specialist role will operate as a cross-functional partner and liaison between a mapped Field Account Executive, Customer Success and Solution Engineering counterparts, to drive expansion pipeline and increase net dollar retention. This position will be based out of our North America offices; San Francisco, Austin, or Miami.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage existing client relationships, multi-thread with new contact referrals to grow key account revenues, add business units, and expand the number of services contracted.
- Evaluate core usage trends and conduct data driven conversations to highlight Cloudflare value proposition and relay strategic recommendations during regular account reviews
- Cultivate new product pipeline and transact upsell opportunities
- Lead with a consultative sales approach to understand customer use-cases and pair with Cloudflare portfolio solutions to identify new cross-sale opportunities
- Meet and exceed weekly pipeline metrics for sourcing field based expansion opportunities
- Ensure accurate stage gates and copious next step notes are maintained in SFDC as deals progress with account team counterparts.
- Manage a full sales process from demand to close and deliver accurate weekly forecasts to Field AEs and sales leadership.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales ops to ensure efficacy of top of funnel campaigns and product awareness, in support of specialist driven ABM campaigns.
- Deliver consistent inside sales practices and drive upfront contract proposals and negotiations to close repeat expansion business.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Prior pipeline generation and closing sales experience in strategic selling
- Proven track record of performance (top 10-20% of company) in past sales positions
- Strong account management and business development background, with proven success in expanding client relationships and excellence in maximizing account potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with impeccable organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Good understanding of cloud security and performance industry (prior industry experience in application, server, and network security a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure, in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style, with excellent executive presence
- Self-motivated, Analytical, and Entrepreneurial spirit with hunter sales capabilities
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.