Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
Do you want to sell a great product that customers use and love? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company and work with an amazing team? Can you work independently and also help build a great culture? At SonarSource we continue to experience huge growth and are looking to expand. Austin was recently selected as the SonarSource North American headquarters - that gives our employees a great opportunity to experience personal and professional growth as we scale the business. Are you ready to join?
The impact you can have
Use your problem-solving abilities and customer focus to help us evangelize the code quality management philosophy that over 200,000 organizations have already chosen to adopt. You will have the opportunity to use your well-developed sales skills to; demonstrate the value of products, ensure adoptions and grow our customer base. You will interact with developers, decision-makers and procurement, across a wide variety of industries and company sizes. You will also have the real ability to directly impact the direction and processes of the Sales Team and organization as we grow.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Generate new leads and opportunities within an assigned account set, representing our largest and most strategic existing customer base at SonarSource via upselling and cross-sell
- Ensure that minimum requirements are established, managed and maintained with customers, such as quarterly business reviews
- Onboard customers on their full journey with SonarSource commercial products
- Develop relationships with champions inside existing customer accounts
- Support marketing with account-based customer-focused marketing campaigns
- Size and quote customer software license needs
- Negotiate and close upgrades to existing implementations
- Interact with customers over phone, email, video conference, and on-site meetings when necessary
- Pro-actively engage in building, growing and sharing sales team best practices
- Accurately capture and report all aspects of account and opportunity information within the SFDC platform
- Utilize Salesforce.com to set daily activity and accurately forecasts opportunity pipeline
The skills you will demonstrate
- Proven successful experience in a B2B sales role; ideally in a SaaS or subscription model
- Experience selling a technical product to a technical buyer - experience in Software Development Tooling sales a plus, or selling into the Development side of IT a plus
- Ability to take a deal from Lead Qualification to Closed Won
- Experience and talent in building and managing customer relationships
- Strong communications and listening skills: ability to handle objections as well as to take feedback and coaching
- Ability to drive sales process effectively through phone calls and emails
- Self-driven and proactive attitude, with the ability to successfully drive multiple deals forward
- Team player interested in seeing the company goals achieved alongside the team and individual goals
- Salesforce.com lover; know it and can’t imagine sales without it
- Experience in managing and negotiating larger enterprise deals
- Experience in supporting and selling into large enterprise customers
- Experience in navigating and growing a pipeline in existing customer accounts
- Customer-Centric focus - We Want Happy Customers!
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowes and we strive to create a work enviornment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar. This is reflected in our hybrid work policy (2-3 days/week in the office).
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.