Head of Sales Enablement
ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
The Head of Sales Enablement will be a strategic leader of high-performing enablement partners supporting the various functions of sales, including Sales, Sales Engineering, Channel and Services teams. He/She is responsible for the strategy, development and delivery of our “Go-To-Market” on-boarding training and enablement programs. This group is also tasked with continuous improvement of the practices and content that the team uses to serve its customers.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with subject matter experts to develop training, certification and delivery programs that help our customer-facing teams succeed. She/he will collect feedback on areas of potential improvement, and work cross-functionally to rapidly close any identified gaps.
- Manage a function with significant operational impact. Responsible for setting strategic direction, meeting objectives and developing the team.
- Develop Sales Campaigns and “Play Books” including competitive ‘takedown’ tactics. Source customer success stories and references for use by sales team. Candidate needs to be able to identify a set of opportunities and develop and deliver a program to execute such Campaigns.
- Continually improve and manage new-hire onboarding processes. Work with Subject Matter Experts across the Company to improve existing content, and create new content as required, including documentation, training materials, recorded training sessions, automation, gamification, certification, etc.
- Train, operationalize, reinforce and drive adoption of our sales messaging, sales process and sales planning programs.
- Oversee development and delivery of training and provide coaching to sales/services functions and partners.
- Oversee Knowledge Management and Learning Management, including the administration of ThousandEyes’s learning management systems, in conjunction with organization and curating of assets.
- Coordinate and manage the cadence of communications and announcements across the organization.
- Coordinate and create content for the annual sales meetings and other internal events as required.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, with 5+ years of training/sales enablement, customer engagement management or consulting experience required.
- Previous sales / sales leadership experience, both Direct and Channel
- Experience with course development in a SaaS environment and/or corporate software training and a passion for building program content and converting to online learning and training simulations.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end-user, and executive audiences.
- Experience with solution or outcome selling, ideally aligning to a Value Framework.
- Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management
- Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed; able to drive deliverables and results which involve people who do not report to you. Ability to work independently, on a team, and as a leader.
- Experience with one or more enablement tools, including, Seismic, Mindtickle, Salesforce.com, and other enablement gamification tools.
- If remote, ability to travel up to 50%