Manager, Customer Success Management at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Manager, Customer Success Management for our Austin Four Points office. In this exciting role you will supervise and lead a team of fantastic Customer Success Managers who consult and advise the most exciting and fastest-growing merchants in ecommerce. You will develop and mentor the team to provide industry-leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients Sell More!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team in our Austin office. You will be responsible for the development, performance, and execution of processes that achieve required service levels related to customer retention, happiness, and cost. for your team.
- Develop systems and controls to scale and strengthen a team while achieving repeatable quality client outcomes.
- Lead the daily operations with a particular focus on developing team members and strategies that drive incremental improvement, operational excellence that continually result in increasing the value delivered to clients.
- Collaborate and develop measurable outputs related to cross-functional relationships with the following organizations and expectations:
- Marketing: Develop repeatable feedback loops that provide customer insights and referenceable customers
- Sales: Ensure relevant handoff and transitions post-sale
- Business Development: Work in partnership with Business Development teams to ensure solutions are developed that improve the potential for customer success.
- Work with global leaders in Professional Services and Support leadership teams in continuous process improvement as required.
- Implement communication procedures with enterprise accounts, including but not limited to customer cadence, strategic business reviews, product improvements, and customer concerns.
- Ensure your team is equipped to address enterprise client concerns promptly, using resources from within the organization as appropriate.
- Advocate on behalf of your team for enterprise clients with internal teams, external partners and the executive team to facilitate client success.
- Responsibilities include participation in a team that recruits, hires, develops and retains outstanding talent.
- Work closely with training and human resources teams to provide appropriate career growth opportunities for team members.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years experience in Management of Account/Customer Success Management teams in an Enterprise software or SaaS organization preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a Sr Account/Customer Success Manager required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with eCommerce preferred
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to evaluate, measure, mentor, transform and inspire a diverse existing team
- Be passionate in helping team members grow and succeed
- Lead the client experience and outcomes, and inspire and hold team members accountable to the same
- Achieve monthly and quarterly business success outcomes
- Be a phenomenal collaborator and respected partner
- Build intra-company relationships to address challenges and take advantage of opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and an ability to provide concise and appropriate feedback to the leadership team that results in greater efficiency and understanding
- Exemplify the BigCommerce values and mojo
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.