Manager, Inside Sales at Realtor.com
Our employees can choose what works for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow employees to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance.
Realtor.com, the #1 pioneer in internet home search, has an incredible opportunity to lead and manage a dynamic growing sales team. In this highly visible role you will have the chance to make constant data-driven decisions, be creative, and innovate through technology. The Manager, New Home Sales is responsible for managing and providing strategic direction for a sales team and for driving the organization’s sales revenue through a large volume of transactions. The candidate selected will be required to use his/her knowledge and skills to recruit, hire, train and manage an outbound call center from the ground up with an emphasis on the development of a telesales focused solution based/consultative selling approach.
The successful candidate will formulate, recommend and implement policies and programs in the area of telesales in conjunction with new and existing small and medium homebuilder relationships to generate revenue through sales to builders directly. This role will also identify markets for products and services, as well as hire and train a telephone based salesforce. This new position is expected to aggressively establish new relationships and expand existing relationships, manage and develop the telesales teams, and provide strategic planning and direction for the department. This position will report to the vice president of sales, new homes and will require interaction with the company’s enterprise sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new and maintain existing key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Direct and motivate representatives who engage current customers, educate them on existing solutions and communicate the value of solutions in order to generate additional business
- Generate revenue through inbound or outbound telesales teams managing small to mid-size builder accounts
- Improve metrics on sales and closing ratios and optimize sales cycle management
- Work closely with the vice president of sales, new homes and marketing to develop and share strategies to, establish, lead programs
- Work closely with the Customer Care Department to ensure training needs of customers are being met
- Oversee the hiring, training, and development of an inside telesales organization
- Keep the VP of sales appraised through verbal and documented reports on sales volume, competitive activity, growth and expansion progress
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required and minimum of 2-4 years managing direct reports
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Requires experience developing and managing a telesales business model from the ground up with quick implementation of this strategy
- Experience selling internet based advertising/technology products in a highly competitive online advertising market preferred
- Proven ability to be hands-on, in the trenches, handling customer objections and closing deals
- Significant sales and sales management experience in business-to-business sales
- The ability to be a strong and effective personal motivator of inside sales professionals
- Experience with CRM and using metrics to assess progress and success
- Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as necessary
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.