Manager, Sales Development Team
ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
The Sales Development Manager is an integral part of the growth strategy at ThousandEyes. We are looking for a passionate individual to create a structured, high-performing inside sales team focused on generating qualified pipeline and setting appointments for our commercial segment. This individual will have had first-hand experience at both inside sales for commercial clients and inside sales management and will have been a top performer throughout his/her career.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage a first-in-class Sales Development team
- Lead the effort to identify best practices and associated technologies that will enable maximum productivity from the inbound team
- Facilitate new processes, tools, communications, training and methodologies to ensure sales program's success across teams and departments throughout the company. Serve with other departmental management to facilitate relationships among members of these teams and departments in order to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives
- Develop and implement best practices across the team such as messaging and objection handling
- Carry individual sales goals and lead by example in execution of all sales activities
- Keep management informed by submitting results reports, weekly updates and monthly and quarterly territory analyses
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- 3+ years of successful progressive experience as an inside sales professional
- 1+ years of successful experience as an insides sales lead or manager
- Experience in developing demand generation campaigns to include the development of call scripts and success metrics
- Demonstrated people leadership skills in coaching and guiding team members to success
- The QTeam Manager’s inside sales experience should be specific to pursuing the sale of a technology-oriented product or service in a business-to-business setting, ideally with working knowledge of networking and internet routing
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel as needed for customer visits and tradeshows (
The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style with a strong sales and revenue generation focus.