DRIVEN | OPERATIONALLY EFFICIENT | COLLABORATIVE
The SDR team works hand-in-hand with marketing and sales to drive a world-class pipeline engine for revenue growth. As the Inbound Sales Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to train, coach, and scale a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) in a company experiencing hyper-growth, where 60% of deals come through the inbound process. While performing the Sales Development Leadership functions, you will also be coordinating with Marketing, Marketing Operations, and Acquisition Sales daily on demand-generation efforts. This is a high-performance team, so the ideal candidate should be strong operationally, exceptional at building a team that consistently delivers against daily, weekly, and monthly goals, and driven to compete and collaborate at the highest levels. As a driver of pipeline generation for the company, your team will be responsible for quickly following up on inbound interest, initiating the customer conversation and ultimately converting leads and setting high-quality meetings for sales. We are excited for you to help optimize our inbound lead process, performance analytics, marketing-sales collaboration, and sales development tools - all to create the highest performing inbound SDR team in SaaS.
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Sales team awesome...
We’re serious about keeping work fun and creating new opportunities for organizations and their people. We’d shout it from the rooftops, but we find that calls, emails, and face-to-face chats are more effective. Hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
- Our brand sets us apart. We are THE largest online cloud school on the planet.
- We are an ethical, positive group. Champion the customer is the value we live by.
- Huge market opportunity. Globally, 1 out of every 3 IT dollars is spent on the cloud.
- A product you can get behind. Sell a product that people want and need.
You’re not coming into a machine that’s been working for 20 years — you’re coming in to build things. Sarah Hiking Guru (and Account Executive)
Sales at A Cloud Guru is different than any other sales team elsewhere because of the way we work together and really appreciate everyone's role no matter the title. I look at the sales team as an extension to my family. - Kayle, Cheese Guru (and Sales Development Representative)
I feel like I'm the CEO of my own business and the sky's the limit! If I work hard, am customer-centric, prioritize, am strategic, and follow a sales process aligned to the customer journey I will win and be successful in my role. - Brenda, Sailing Guru (and Account Executive)
It makes a difference when you can get out of bed in the morning selling something that’s doing actual good. And that businesses actually want. Organizations all over the world, of all sizes, in every industry, are facing a major challenge and opportunity with cloud. We reach out to these businesses with real value, because we have a product they need. –Madeline, Fitness Guru (and Relationship Manager)As a Manager, Sales Development at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Build champions that will help to unlock business opportunities that drive revenue growth
- Optimize the process for converting Warm and Hot Inbound leads into sales opportunities
- Experiment with new Business Development tools and strategies
- Contribute to, and implement, an onboarding and training program for our SDR
We are looking for someone who can:
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing to create a well-oiled inbound lead conversion machine
- Work in a fast-paced, high velocity and high volume sales environment
- Provide daily support and feedback to our SDRs through regular training, call-shadowing, & 1:1s
- Assist in the development of an ISDR playbook for A Cloud Guru
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives that drive new business growth
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an inbound SDR Team Lead/Manager in a high-growth, high velocity software organization
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sales Development Representative
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting on your sales team’s activities
(ACG utilizes salesforce.com for sales reporting)
- Experience working with SaaS or subscription-based customers is a plus
- Previous experience in a startup or scale-up is highly advantageous
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.