Market Development Representative at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX, is looking for an ambitious, organized, and personable professional to join our inbound sales development team. In this role you will help fuel the sales pipeline by identifying, qualifying and cultivating new sales leads, enabling BigCommerce’s mission to democratize commerce and change people’s lives through our software. You will also have the opportunity to cultivate skills that will allow you to pursue a career in full cycle sales.
What you will do
- Identify and qualify new sales leads via phone and chat to create opportunities for the SMB Sales Team.
- Exceed daily call volume metrics, calling into our new Trial account base
- Manage multiple chat sessions concurrently while meeting key performance standards.
- Draw on solutions selling techniques to build rapport, probe for needs, and recommend potential solutions to meet customer needs.
- Draw on product knowledge and subject matter expertise to hold technical conversations and educate potential merchants on the BigCommerce value proposition (i.e. provide industry information, discuss web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), etc.).
- Arrange product demos with sales reps and sales engineers when appropriate.
- Consistently achieve monthly objectives and quotas.
- Practice good sales hygiene by maintaining a CRM with inbound live chat leads.
- Follow the BigCommerce sales process and rules of engagement to provide an optimal prospect experience.
- Interact with merchants across a variety of categories to acquire new customers.
- Contribute to continuous team improvements and business performance.
- Relay customer feedback to management to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in internet technology and eCommerce.
Who You Are
- 1+ years experience in a customer service or entry level sales role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business or related field a plus
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Efficient - You are extremely organized and attentive to detail with excellent prioritization skills that allow you to consistently deliver quality results on time.
- Communicator - You have excellent written/verbal communication (particularly grammar and typing) and customer relationship skills.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and are a dependable self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Coachable - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, are open to feedback, committed to personal and professional development, and willing to be corrected and to act on that correction.
- Ethical - You are a team player, humble, ambitious, driven to make a difference, and do the right things the right way every time.
- Tech Savvy - You have a sound knowledge of and passion for the web and web-based software products as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills (Google Suite and MS Office). Experience with CRM tools, Salesforce.com preferred. A basic understanding of shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools is a big plus.