Partner Solutions Engineer Team Lead at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!What you’ll do
You are the team enabler, point of reference and coach. You will work closely with our partner companies, prospects and customers by shadowing and improving your team’s technical expertise. You will take care of new team members and you will ensure work loads are equally distributed within the team. You are personable and can provide constructive feedback when necessary. You will help escalate and identify issues quickly and efficiently and you will work with the other team leads and the regional lead to ensure proper regional coordination. The team lead is a player/coach that still requires excellent individual contribution performance.
To aid your team, you will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product, through to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and advise your team on how to create scalable solutions for your customer’s needs.Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Our Partner Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology, have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms, and you like coaching and teaching. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. On the Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other and you will be an integral part of driving that culture.
The Partner Solutions Engineering Team Lead role has the same requirements as the Partner Solutions Engineering role with the following additions:
- Demonstrable experience in coaching, leadership skills or team management.
- Demonstrable experience in understanding and solving escalations, team issues or other management related scenarios.
- Cultivate cross SE team/office coordination, keep us all connected as one team.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer between SE teams:
- Ensure the team learns from the great ideas of single team members.
- Ensure mistakes are not repeated within the team.
- Develop strong relationships outside of SE organization to aid in escalation of issues (product/support/engineering/special projects/marketing/legal/etc).
- Maintain strong communication with Account Executives and Customer Success leads.
- Keep the pulse of the team: who is happy, productive, performing. Know each member’s strengths and how they would each like to develop.
- Exemplify and cultivate positive culture traits.
- Provide support and confidence to team members.
- Cultivate a very open communication environment. Criticism is welcome and appreciated.
- Maintain culture of independence among team members while offering advice to team members on how to improve.
- Maintain balance of player and coach workloads.
- Operate as a highly performing individual contributor.
- Maintain trust and respect from team.
- Ability to handle any call, from any customer or partner.
- Workload Management.
- Conduct 1:1’s with team members.
- Act as point of escalation for team issues, escalate issues that can’t be solved in the team.
- Recruit, interview, and on-boarding new team members.
- Report on individual Partner SE strengths and weaknesses.
What Makes Us Special
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.