At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.What you'll do
You will work alongside our Partners Team and Solutions Engineers to ensure the success of Cloudflare’s strategic partnerships. You will bring strong relationship-building experience, product knowledge, project management, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as a high degree of empathy to maintain a best-in-class partner and customer experience.
You will maintain a deep understanding of our Partners’ businesses and be an internal champion of the features/functionality most critical to their specific business needs. You are ultimately responsible for the retention and expansion of your book of business; which is driven through consistent communication and collaboration with our Partners’ teams and demonstrating the value the products and services provide to their business via quarterly reviews.
The role will sit on the Customer Success Team in order to maintain familiarity with best practices and processes to continue to ensure the success of our enterprise customers.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage the partnership life cycle which includes initial launch and technical integrations or enablement, maintaining a healthy steady state, quarterly goals assessment, product roadmaps and executive alignment, and renewal of the partnership.
- Work with your Partner account teams to plan and execute long term account plans to facilitate retention and growth via product and new business unit expansion.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally with Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Support, Marketing and other teams to resolve partner business issues and work towards their stated goals.
- Manage partner feedback and product needs by providing feature requests to internal teams.
- < 25% travel
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a Customer Success/Account Management role servicing enterprise accounts. Experience working with Partnerships is a plus.
- Experience with project management and account portfolio planning and prioritization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and problem-solve effectively under pressure.
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) as well as executive presence.
- Track record of successful planning and execution of Executive Business Reviews.
- Basic understanding of computer networking and “how the internet works.”
- Curiosity to learn about the cloud security and performance industry.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.