Portfolio Account Manager at Shipwell (Austin, TX or Remote)
Portfolio Account Manager
In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
Shipwell provides our clients with world-class customer service and execution with all of their shipping needs. As an Account Executive, you will be a member of our Account Management team, focused on driving new opportunities and growth with existing customers. You will delight our customers with elite service by utilizing our proprietary systems to take a detail-oriented approach to ensure that every step of the freight management process flows smoothly.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Grow and expand volume, revenue and margin with portfolio of existing accounts
- Identify and drive opportunities to leverage Shipwell’s full menu of services
- Accurately forecast demand to the carrier and/or sourcing groups in order to plan capacity and supply
- Stay abreast of competition and industry trends that may impact Shipwell’s value proposition to the customer
Customer Relationship Management
- Develop a deep understanding of customer’s current business, industry and supply chain
- Stay abreast of customer’s current requirements and anticipate future needs
- Form relationships at varying levels and functions within the customer’s organization
- Create effective solutions that will bring lasting value to the customer and Shipwell
- Conduct business reviews to identify ways to improve service and expand the business
- Create thorough implementation plans, including account responsibilities, resource requirements, timeframes, and contingency plans
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities to ensure account goals are achieved
- Oversee daily operational activities and provide escalated support as necessary
- Develop, communicate and implement SOPs as needed for customer specific requirements
- Keep others in own organization well informed of account activities
- Initiate regular and timely communication with customer contacts that focuses on both tactical and strategic issues
- Conduct presentations as needed within the customer organization as well as own organization
What you need to have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years previous experience in Logistics/3PL
- Strong analytical, sales and negotiating skills
- Dynamic, on the fly, problem solving skills
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational ability
What is Preferred:
- Experience in a remote working environment
- CRM platform experience, preferably Salesforce
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
---The Salary Range for this role is between $45,000 - $50,000 including Variable Compensation based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.