Regional Sales Manager (Chicago/St. Louis) at ThousandEyes
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will manage the sales process within an assigned territory for prospective customers and channel partners. They will deliver growth in new business across the assigned territory through the development of strategic relationships with large enterprise accounts. The RSM will build and execute well-defined account plans and drive success in the following areas: territory planning, pipeline development, presentation and delivery, trial process management, pricing, negotiation and the closing process. This is an individual contributor and quota carrying position.
The RSM will both identify and source sales opportunities that align with the ideal customer profile for ThousandEyes for the purposes of maximizing solution value and product adoption. The RSM will initiate contact and professional follow-up for all sales meetings within the assigned territory. The RSM will meet all sales objectives and bookings targets in accordance with company growth expectations, and develop revenue expansion opportunities across a base of enterprise accounts. They must work closely and collaboratively with Customer Success to drive product adoption and usage, as well as with Product Management to understand future requirements to accelerate demand for ThousandEyes in the market.
The successful individual must be highly organized with an entrepreneurial mindset; adept and thorough in delivering sales presentations, onsite visits and product demonstrations to prospective clients. The RSM will foster mutually beneficial relationships with ThousandEyes customers and partners in a consistent, effective and professional manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed quarterly / yearly bookings targets, while delivering consistent and reliable forecasting
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account strategy for the assigned territory
- Accelerate new customer acquisition and upsell growth in existing accounts, while maintaining an accurate sales pipeline
- Work closely with customers and channel partners to drive market adoption of ThousandEyes solutions
- Manage pricing discussions and contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with enterprise customers
- Responsible for complete and accurate on-going maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in Salesforce.com
- Relentlessly ensure customer success
- Moderate travel (50%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-7 years of sales territory management experience working for a technology vendor selling enterprise software to network buyers. SaaS sales experience a plus
- A demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding quota selling to large Enterprise / Fortune 500 accounts
- Self-motivated, able to problem solve and work with limited direction
- Demonstrate Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have the “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
- BS/BA degree preferred