Sales Account Executive, Software Solutions - Central Region at Blackbaud
About the role:
The Sales organization at Blackbaud is growing fast and is looking to add dynamic, high-performing sales professionals across verticals and experience levels, with a strong interest in the nonprofit sector. Our sales team is responsible for working with inspiring social good organizations, introducing them to our products and services, as well as keeping our existing customers engaged and satisfied. By selling our solutions, our sales team has the ability to be a strategic partner and consultant to organizations solving some of the world’s largest challenges.
You will serve as key contact and liaison between Blackbaud and potential clients during the initial sales process by prospecting, generating leads, and closing business over the phone, e-communication, and potentially in-person. Ideal candidates should be results-oriented, possess outstanding customer facing skills and have a proven track record selling CRM/SaaS or Fundraising software solutions from the ground up.
The Sales Organization represents opportunities in a number of job profiles listed below across our General Markets, Enterprise Markets, International Markets Group as well as across several verticals including; Higher Education, Nonprofit, K-12 Independent Schools, Faith, Arts & Culture, Foundations & Corporations, Healthcare, and Financial Management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
- Selling across the entire Blackbaud solution portfolio
- Establishing and maintaining key account relationships
- Serving as prospective clients' main point of contact and working with other departments as needed to provide answers and service
- Providing return on investment (ROI) solutions in the form of product and service proposals
- Continuously updating and maintaining active deals for pipeline management, daily activity and forecast data
- Staying up-to-date as it relates to the non-profit markets which impact products or services
- Reaching and exceeding monthly and quarterly quota
- Vertical expertise preferred, not required
What we'll want you to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four year college is required
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in positioning and selling complex software solutions
- Either a hunter/new logos driven mentality or an expert in cultivating existing relationships
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling methodology
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, MS Office, and other software is required
- Must possess superior communication skills with the ability to make clear, compelling and value-focused sales presentations
- A strong work ethic and goal-oriented attitude is required
- Experience working with nonprofits is desired
- Proven success in creating effective sales strategies to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Excellent time-management skills with the discipline to handle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment