Sales Development Manager
We’re a company founded by engineers, comprised of engineers, building the world’s largest cloud learning and transformation platform with a bold mission – giving individuals and businesses the chance to change their trajectory. Our fun and engaging courses have helped 900,000+ engineers learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started!
Working at A Cloud Guru
We’re a smart, tight-knit team that is passionate about our purpose. We work hard, learn together and laugh together. We look for people who are excited to work with purpose and who bring their own unique quirkiness. We’re proud to say we champion diversity and are committed to making coming to work an enjoyable experience for all.
Champion our customers: We connect with and truly care about our customers
Be thoughtful but decisive: We move swiftly and confidently with grounded logic
Learn all the things: We bring insatiable curiosity to our roles every day
Be hungry, stay humble: We always bring our A-game, never our ego
Keep it fun: Above all, have fun and make 'em smile!
Our people matter to us! We understand that everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we ensure our employees have access to perks and benefits that include:
- 4 weeks of PTO per year
- Generous gender neutral paid parental leave
- Family Planning Benefit
- A Cloud Guru Idea Hours - We set aside 2 hours per week to learn something new!
- Catered lunch three times a week
- A well stocked fridge and kitchen
- Quarterly continuing education budget
The Sales Development Manager
The Sales Development Manager (SDM) has the opportunity to train, coach, and scale a team of high-performing Sales Development Representatives (SDR). The SDM will be tasked with ensuring our team has value-driven conversations with prospects. We are excited for you to refine our sales leads process, reporting metrics, and tools.
As the SDM, you’ll get to:
- Build champions that will help to unlock business opportunities
- Oversee the transition from an inbound only model to one that includes true outbounding
- Experiment with new Business Development tools and strategies
- Contribute to, and implement, a training program for our SDRs
We are looking for someone who is excited to:
- Assist in the development of an SDR playbook for A Cloud Guru
- Provide support and feedback to our SDRs through regular trainings, call-shadowing, & 1:1s
- Partner with SDRs and Account Executives to structure territory plans and qualify lead pipelines
- Work heavily with product to learn and instruct others on new product roll-outs
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives that drive new business growth
We look forward to hearing more about your experience with:
- 2-5 years’ experience as an SDR Team Lead/Manager in a high-growth software organization
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sales Development Representative
- Experience managing, tracking, and reporting on your sales team’s activities
(ACG utilizes salesforce.com for sales reporting)
- Experience working with SaaS or subscription-based customers is a plus
- Previous experience in a startup or scale-up is highly advantageous
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you? Want to help us teach the world to cloud? Get in touch, we’d love to talk!