Sales Engineer Manager at SecureLink
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
What You'll Do
The Sales Engineer Manager is responsible for leading a team that commands the most fragile moment in our sales process – demonstrating our product to prospective customers in a way that captivates, engages, and maps the value of our solutions to their specific business problems. The Sales Engineer Manager develops the SecureLink product narrative, and serves as an escalation resource for technical questions for the sales organization. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Building and leading a team of high-performing sales engineers, helping to ensure new logo sales that result in ongoing customer success
- Hiring and training new sales engineers
- Creating training material for sales to help accelerate the team's product and solution understanding for increased competency during the sales cycle
- Participating in new hire training sessions for all company functions
- Providing sales engineers with continual feedback as a mentor/coach for customer interactions and solutions development
- Developing learning plans and setting goals with sales engineers to ensure continued growth in both soft and technical skills
- Engaging directly with sales leadership to strategize on opportunities and other various pre-sales activities
- Answering technical questions from prospects and sales staff regarding SecureLink solutions as well as broader questions about SecureLink's fit in their security and IT ecosystem
- Successfully coordinating multiple opportunities & POC's concurrently
- Working with Systems Engineering, Product Management and development to build, design and maintain a flawless demo environment for all of sales
- Certifying new members to the sales team on ability to demo and understand the SecureLink solution
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales-cycle as a trusted advisor with prospects
- Demonstrating the SecureLink product offering to technical staff and executive leadership
- Responding to RFP/RFI's in a timely manner
- Acting as primary resource for industry trade shows representing SecureLink
- Engage with Marketing to deliver SecureLink product webinars
- Working with Product Management and Marketing to assist with industry analyst reviews
- Coordinating with Project Management, Customer Success, Professional Services and Technical Operations during customer handoffs
- Working with Development and Product Management to continually give feedback on improving the SecureLink product based on exposure and learnings from prospects
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a sales engineering (or similar) role
- Experience with SecureLink or any remote access software (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX and Linux required
- Solid understanding of industry security best practices
-- Certifications such as OSCP, CISSP, SSCP, CEH, LFCS, LFCE, RHCSA, RHCE (preferred)
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT systems, software and integrations
-- Messaging – SMTP, SMS
-- Authentication and Authorization – SAML/ADFS, Active Directory, MFA
-- Security – Firewalls/ACLs, Load Balancers, SIEM
-- Deployment Architectures – DMZ, Cloud, Virtual, Hardware
-- Networking – TCP/IP, Routing, NAT, PAT
- Experience leading a technical team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.