Sales Engineer - SaaS Identity
SailPoint is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer for a cross product role, focusing on our SaaS solutions IdentityNow and IdentityAI and our Identity Governance for files solution, SecurityIQ. This position is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the inside sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions.
The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. In addition, the individual must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This particular Sales Engineer role will be based out of the Austin, Texas office and will be primarily working with the Inside Sales team, conducting presentations and demos remotely.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of, and influential with diverse audiences. You will be expected sell at the CxO level down to the Technical Architect and individual team members.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Inside Sales team with active sales pursuits
- Discovering customer requirements and aligning SailPoint solutions to those requirements
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Participating in and leading Proof of Concept engagements
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Conveying customer requirements to the Product Management team
- Improved tools and processes for the SE organization
Sales Engineers must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. They are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. They are organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Travel requirements for this position will be less than 15%.
- 3+ years professional experience as a pre-sales technical resource, consultant, and/or related field
- Identity management, provisioning, Identity governance and/or related experience is required
- Background in a business consulting or advisory services capacity
- Cloud-based application experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Familiarity and fluency with a broad range of commercial security and business applications
- Austin-based is required, 15% or less travel
- BA/BS required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.