Sales Engineer at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
This position can be remote, offering you the flexibility to work out of your home full-time. You'll have easy access to and support from your manager and frequent video meetings to keep you plugged into your team. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The mission of the Sales Engineer (SE) at LogicMonitor is to support the technical evaluation of LogicMonitor by proving out value in the platform to our prospects in the pre-sales process. The SE also is also looked at as a product expert within the sales organization. Sales Engineers have the critical function to train the entire sales organization both as part of on boarding and also regularly on the LM product to ensure the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge for the sales team to be most successful.
Here's a closer look at the duties in this key role:
- Perform SE duties on trial calls as scheduled by AEs. Includes technically understanding prospect needs, technology skill level, and supporting AEs with requests to perform technical product demos and perform/assist trial set ups or expansion
- Trial optimization (proactively adding dashboards, creating sample reports, etc. for all trial prospects)
- Lead technical/product training for new sales personnel on an ongoing basis
- Day-to-day product/technical support for trial prospects
- Log meetings and technical notes in SalesForce pertaining to the POV for each call (or onsite) with the customer.
- Demonstrates the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems, and translates specific customer problems into technical solutions.
- Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What You'll Need:
- 5 years experience in SysAdmin or SE role; APM experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical degree preferred
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Experience in Linux and or Windows/Network administration and operations including the following technologies desired:
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen Server, etc…)
- Storage (Netapp, EMC, HPLeftHand, Dell Equallogic, etc…)
- LoadBalancers (f5 bigIP, Netscaller, Barracuda, etc…)
- WMI, PerfMon, JDBC, SNMP, SMTP, JMX
- Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc…)
- Active Directory
- Database (SQL, MySQL, Postgress, etc…)
- Scripting (groovy, powershell, ruby, etc...)
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.