Sales Operations Leader
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Sales Operations Leader to join our Sales Operations team in Austin. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Drillinginfo is the right company at the right time.
The Sales Operations team at DrillingInfo is a finance-focused, driven and dynamic organization that solves tough business challenges, always thinking in the best interest of the business. As a result, the team is recognized as a value-add, strategic business partner. The Senior Manager/Director of Sales Operations is a leader who is a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to Leadership and Sales, delivering on strategic and tactical deliverables that propel the business forward. Primary responsibilities include ownership of all financial planning and analysis, compensation and quota, executive reporting and constantly evaluating opportunities to drive sales through data-driven analysis. Additionally, this individual will be expected to partner with many cross-functional teams such as finance, operations and marketing, etc. to support a variety of projects, such as integrating acquired companies and business process improvement (BPI) initiatives. This is a high performing team and expected to pivot on priorities quickly. You are expected to think strategically, arrive at focused execution plan, and manage the plan to fruition. The successful candidate will have a relentless curiosity, and a passion for creating innovative analysis and operational flexibility to identify and manage a high performing team. Ideally, this person will have worked in a diverse role such as top-tier management consulting, sales operations, and/or a financial management and will feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis. You must be a team player, strong people leader, passionate about making a difference, have a startup mindset, willing to manage multiple priorities and able to deal with ambiguity effectively. Getting results and delivering on commitments are a ‘must have’. This role will have 3 – 8 direct reports, depending on strength and experience of the candidate and will report to the Vice President of Global Sales Operations. Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for all Sales Operations financial planning and analysis (FP&A). Includes working with top leaders to construct the detailed annual sales plan for the company, monthly board updates, weekly forecasts, as well as day-to-day tactical analysis.
- Partner with sales leaders to design effective go-to-market strategy, allocate resources, determine optimal account/territory assignments.
- Own quota model and process to assign sales performance targets by team, geography, rep, product line, etc.
- Manage the monthly close process and executive reporting package produced by global sales ops team.
- Own and administer sales compensation plans for over 150 reps, including designing of plans and ensuring accurate and timely payments across all sales teams and business units.
- Uncover additional potential to sell and increase added ACV opportunities: White space analysis, Propensity to buy, Sales coverage by region Segment, territory strategy, etc.
- Create executive presentations for Salesforce C-level audience
- Manage and coordinate weekly sales forecast process
- Track key metrics such as pipeline, ACV, contract and product based analytic, top account and product performance
- Construct and automate dashboards for key performance metrics
- Build sales tools, such as forecast models and propensity to buy / account segmentation analysis
- Perform ad hoc analysis across multiple data sets, including Salesforce, product databases, & more
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for leadership including board and QBR meetings
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of work experience with deep Management Consulting, Finance and/or Sales strategy & Operations background; 4+ years people management experience
- Strategic, Quantitative and Operational mindset with track record of success
- Ability to thrive in a changing and ambiguous environment; Experience working in an environment with multiple integrations / M&A activity
- Proven ability to lead people and develop a high-performance team
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex, cross-functional projects
- Expert presentation skills with ability to build compelling PowerPoint presentations and expert Excel skills; Strong Executive presence
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality executive presentations
- Creativity in developing actionable recommendations for presentation to senior management
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast pace, rapid change environment
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup fast paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce, Xactly a plus; Insight Squared a plus