Sales Trainer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the fastest growing SaaS ecommerce platform in the world, is looking for a Sales Trainer in Austin to own our sales process training and coaching program end-to-end. Drawing from proven effective sales techniques, you’ll deliver specialised individualised 1-to-1 training and coaching to sales reps in all stages of their career to ensure world class prospect experience and sales results.
This is a “hands-on” role in which you will be will be responsible for training and coaching BigCommerce sales reps on how to accomplish specific, targeted, performance goals, so you must have exemplary knowledge of sales process implementation, execution, reinforcement and refinement as well as a passion for helping salespeople become absolutely awesome.
What You’ll Do
Strategic Activities & Responsibilities
- Review and improve our current sales process / training methodology - make strategic recommendations that help us drive to world class sales process and results
- Own all New Hire Sales Process Training
- Build out a scalable call monitoring program that quantifies and calibrates call skill performance and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Work with Sales Leadership Team to identify organisational coaching priorities in addition to providing individual representative call coaching
- Work with Sales Leadership, Operations & Learning & Development to identify areas of opportunity, metrics, and behaviours to coach and monitor.
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership and to develop or source best-in-class sales skill training
- Assist sales manager with driving adoption of processes and key metrics
Operational Activities & Responsibilities
- Directly engage front-line sales team members to teach, mentor, coach and drive the sales process
- Engage and assist sales reps on active opportunities as needed
- Work with Sales Enablement to prepare and organise digital and or physical job aids or other materials required to facilitate the learning process
- Facilitate the collection, sharing, and archiving of sales best practices
- Onboard and ramp new sales reps
- Post training follow up and reinforcement
- Conduct regularly recurring coaching sessions with their assigned reps
- Coach and assist reps with the activities and action items in their assigned coaching plans
- Live monitor and evaluate sales calls with sales team members daily
- Update, maintain, and report out on rep coaching logs
Who You Are
- Professional with extensive inside sales experience and strong grasp of common sales processes, sales methodologies, and fundamental selling skills
- Communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship skills and the ability to build trust with and motivate others.
- Role model that is passionate about helping others, driving sales results and providing exceptional value to internal stakeholders.
- Passionate about sales, sales process training and exceptional execution
- Strong background in sales and sales process training (at least 2-4 years of professional training experience)
- Both a thought and people leader
- Great balance of strategic mindset with incredible hands on presence
- Strong abilities to both quantifiably and qualifiably build our sales training and coaching program
- A difference maker who LOVES helping a team to WIN
- Highly computer literate and tech savvy
- Experience and high level of comfort with SalesForce
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, particularly around problem resolution, communication, presentation, and facilitation