BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Country Sales Lead, Germany
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2021 is looking for a Senior Account Executive, Country Sales Lead to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will be the first sales person in the local market providing an amazing opportunity to be the driver of your own success with the full support of a mature, high performing and experienced sales team. Supported by a dedicated cross-functional team, you will drive sales revenue by acquiring new high value, midmarket and enterprise clients by showing them the power of the BigCommerce Platform to help them Sell More.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including Molton Brown, Harvey Nichols, Travis Perkins, Royal Dutch Shell, La Perla, HMD Global (Nokia) and Zumnorde.
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of business growth. Simply put, we are: built for growth so merchants can realize their visions without compromise; designed for powerful performance to enable businesses to scale seamlessly with technology they can trust; efficient in both time and cost.
What you will do:
- Drive sales revenue through new B2B and B2C client acquisition in assigned country
- Assist in developing sales strategies in conjunction with the Region’s Sales Directors and VPs
- Lead operational and strategic efforts to build out a book of business in assigned countries or regions, develop and manage a sales pipeline, and help build new partnerships
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presenting the product, and closing sales
- Act as territory owner and subject matter expert
- Will act as team lead and resource as the country team grows
- Full pipeline development through outbound prospecting, assisting channel colleagues to engaging and activate partners as well as inbound leads.
- Utilise solution selling best practices to identify each client’s unique needs and cultivate effective sales strategies and proposals.
- Co-sell alongside our agency partners
- Coordinate resources for implementation.
- Be the expert - Provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), ecommerce strategies, etc.
- Strive to exceed your sales targets and performance metrics.
- Be organized - maintain a CRM with leads and effectively manage an account set, keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Think like a CEO - communicate with management team and team members to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
- Engage closely with the BigCommerce Partner Ecosystem and Sales Engineering team to design solutions and close sales both over the phone and on-site, depending on client size and need.
- Accurately forecasting on a weekly basis and follow MEDPPIC
Who you are:
- 7+ years overall sales experience, including 3+ years technology sales experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment with a focus consultative solutions selling for a SaaS or eCommerce company.
- Required - Native level fluency in (German) and business level proficiency in English
- Talented Seller - You have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within an outbound, client acquisition driven business.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Tech Savvy - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills are a must. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
- eCommerce geek - Technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space combined with strong business and sales acumen.
- Ethical - You are customer focused and do the right things the right way every time.
- Attentive - You are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Driven - You are a results-oriented closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Analytical - You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.