Senior Client Development Account Executive, Shipping at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Client Development Account Executive, Shipping. As a Senior Client Development Account Executive, you will identify and execute on merchant-focused sales and marketing campaigns to ensure our merchants have the product solutions and services they need to be successful.
In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales and client engagement experience as well as your broad knowledge of the e-commerce ecosystem to target, engage, and qualify prospective merchants to grow our solutions around our full shipping portfolio.
What You Will Do
- Be the internal Subject Matter Expert on all things Shipping, within BigCommerce.
- Our shipping portfolio includes the entire shipping experience: including, in-cart rates, fulfillment, 3PLs, cross-border commerce, insurance / warranties and the post purchase / returns experience
- Articulate how our partners solve merchants needs and differentiate from each other, both commercially and technically
- You will be comfortable talking through any of these topics with merchants, partners and internal teams alike.
- Responsible for driving a material increase in adoption of shipping solutions across our merchant base, via consultative selling. In these merchant Consults, you will also seek out growth opportunities for merchants across other cross-sell categories, such as new sales channels, martech, payments and back office solutions
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating existing BigCommerce merchants via consults on technology app solution value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect
- Use their ecommerce expertise to further encourage your net-new clients to continue with the process of signing with BC, or further embolden their belief that choosing BC was the right decision
- Seek to advise clients to adopt BC revenue sharing solutions and apps, while advising them on ways to sell more
- Check for additional reasons to recommend BC service and solutions packages for clients in need of help with launch, growth or omni-channel connection
- You will own the entire sales lifecycle (leads, onboarding, adoption) for shipping opportunities
- Spend time with customer facing teams at BC (examples include, Customer Success, Implementation, Sales, Cross-Sell) to to identify merchants that are good fits for shipping solutions - either individually or via team meetings
- Schedule and hold Discovery meetings with key decision makers
- Qualify merchants based on solution needs to position the value of BigCommerce Technology Shipping App partners
- Prospect & Account Development: conduct account research, acquire accurate contact information and develop tailored messaging to engage existing BigCommerce merchants
- Come up with creative new ways to drive demand for Shipping Solutions by “productizing” our various shipping programs. Examples include:
- Shipping products we should create, could include: a generic shipping consult, a cross-border growth consult, helping a merchant deliver a 2 day promise on marketplaces or delivering a better post purchase experience.
- Spend a majority of your time on the phone with merchants or internal teams talking about Shipping Opportunities
- Maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities
Who You Are
- 7+ years proven sales or account management experience, including at least 3 years in a high-volume, fast-paced inside sales environment, preferably at a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- In possession of a firm understanding of eCommerce, 3rd Party Applications, and tech ecosystem
- Experienced prospecting into mid-market and enterprise accounts (>$1m GMV)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), persuasion, negotiation, presentation, and client relationship skills are critical
- Firm and thorough understanding of Shipping Solutions (Shipping, Logistics, Returns, Warranties, 3PLs, etc.), or a deep desire to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease
- Firm understanding of Solution-oriented with the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track
- Positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) a big plus
- Degree in Business or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred