Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Austin) at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for hardworking technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to craft and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of hardworking software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations.
If you'd like to learn more about what it's like to be an SA at MongoDB, read about Veronica Tudor, Matt Kalan, and Winston Vargo's experiences on our Life At MongoDB blog.As an ideal candidate, you will have
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- Solid understanding and ability to code with two or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel up to 25%
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience selling databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
- Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive software development projects using MongoDB
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- Expertly articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions
- Align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executives
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product Management team
- Help drive demand through participation in both industry-known trade-shows as well account-based marketing events
- Demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges
- Proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other pre-sales team members and share standard methodologies
- The rapidly growing MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake, Atlas Full-Text Search, Realm and Charts
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, DevOps, cloud, security
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.