Solutions Engineer, Commercial Sales (Austin, TX) at ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee efficiency.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What You’ll do
We are looking for an outstanding Solutions Engineer to join our team of superheroes in our downtown Austin, TX office location. You will have the opportunity to be the customer interface of an exciting new technology. You will work closely with the commercial sales team in presenting ThousandEyes in prospective business opportunities; be instrumental in working with prospects during trials of ThousandEyes to highlight business value; educate prospects, customers and the sales team on ThousandEyes and how it applies to industry trends and business initiatives; and accelerate ThousandEyes growth through growing market awareness of ThousandEyes and closing business.
Specifically, you will...
· Support the technical sales process
· Assist sales in technical prospecting to help uncover opportunities
· Demonstrate solution to showcase capabilities and use-cases
· Build and maintain a technical and trusted advisor relationship with customers
· Support customers during solution trials
· Scope and architect solution deployments
· Present to decision makers during trial wrap-up meetings
· Participate as a member of the Solutions Engineering team
· Participate on weekly team meetings
· Participate in quarter business review sales meetings
· Present technical topics and successful wins
· Share technical challenges and ways to overcome
· Interact with team to ask questions, share experiences, and exchange ideas
· Help establish and improve demonstration material showcasing the solution
· Research technical topics impacting the industry to grow as an industry leader
· Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering
· Provide solution feedback from day-to-day use and customer interaction
· Record solution suggestions and improvements through Customer Success
· Participate and discuss internal and external solution beta programs
· Work with Customer Success
· Coordinate with Customer Success in providing post-sales support (e.g., training, deployment, support)
· Encourage and guide customers to utilize Customer Success as an extension of their NOC to help ensure success
· Excellent presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of application and network protocols (e.g., HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, BGP)
· Knowledge of application and network infrastructures
· Knowledge of unified communications
· Experience with network and application performance analysis solutions
· Experience with packet capture and analysis
· Experience with Apple, Linux and Microsoft operating systems
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) And only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool