Strategic Partner Manager, Themes at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Partner Manager, Themes & Shipping. This role will be part of our Strategic Business Development (SBD) Team whose focus is to partner with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base. In this role you will be responsible for driving innovation within our Themes portfolio, as well as working to bring new technology partners to our platform, drive merchant adoption via GTM campaigns as well as driving net new merchant growth from partner referral and reselling activities.
Reporting to our Director of Strategic Business Development, you’ll have an impact on the ongoing success of the company by delivering material top-line revenue growth for the company through high value partner relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the end-to-end Themes commercialization strategy that includes the overall monetization strategy, business development to bring new paid theme options to our existing merchant base and marketing themes creatively throughout the merchant journey.
- Own and manage relationships with existing and new partners.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product Marketing, Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to scalably roll out new features and functionality throughout the Themes ecosystem.
- Develop and manage Shipping partnerships by maintaining relationships with decision-makers at the executive and management levels.
- Collaborate and lead cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market strategies and business plans for partner solutions and features.
- Work with partners in a channel sales capacity, to drive net new merchant acquisition for BigCommerce.
- Build cross-SBD familiarity with standard methodologies for driving MRR through partners.
- Work with Rev Ops, Partner Marketing and Sales to use the BigCommerce systems for efficient and effective tracking, attribution, reporting and optimization.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new insights.
Who You Are:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Partnerships or Channel Management Experience: 3-5+ years experience partnerships (ideally in ecommerce) and coordinating and crafting integration co-marketing programs to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Themes Competence - You understand the storefront shopping experience around what builds a high converting eCommerce storefront (or are willing to learn).
- E-commerce Savvy - Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You flourish with challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master Negotiator - You are a phenomenal salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to thoughtfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining positive relationships.
- Eye For Business - You're proficient and opinionated on processes and tools required to build scaled success. You’re experienced in aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC critical metrics.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Creativity - Creative solution designer and seller, aligning partner needs and important metrics to build and implement successful, mutually profitable programs.
- Collaboration - Collaborative cross-functional player/coach.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.